Complaint Review: ADT Security Services.

• Submitted: Sun, May 29, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 30, 2011

• Reported By: John — Los Angeles California United States of America
ADT Security Services.
21171 S. Western Avenue Torrance, California United States of America

ADT Security Services. Alarm Company Ripoff. Torrance California

*Consumer Comment: Screw A-D-T

*Consumer Comment: wow

I signed up for ADT Security Services in Torrance, CA after my Home was burglarized on the recommendation of my Insurance Company. I paid them $339.00 for installation of the Alarm system(including motion sensor and smoke alarm) with a Monthly Monitoring fee of $29.99
The installation took all day and everytime I tested the system no one would call meaning the system monitoring was not working. Then, the smoke alarm started going off from the heater and the steam from the Shower so I had another installer come out and disconnect it.
But, this was just the start of the problems. When I got my first statement from the main office in Pittsburgh, PA they said I owed them another $530.51 for installation!
After many calls, faxes and letters to the local office and the main office (neither one seems to talk to the other) they reduced it to $191.51
After more calls and letters they now say I owe a "pro-rated" charge of $131.53
I've paid them the $29.99 per Month so I actually owe them NOTHING.
They gave me a money back guarantee certificate for the Installation and Monitoring fees if I want to cancel within 6 Months. But, what the Sales Rep' neglected to tell me that it's a 2 YEAR CONTRACT and you are charged the pro-rated fees for the remainder of the contract which means I would owe them a cancellation fee of $629.79 for a system that has NEVER WORKED in the first place and was NEVER BILLED CORRECTLY. If you refuse to pay they will send you to a Collection Agency and report you as negative to the various Credit Bureaus.
Do yourself a favor and save yourself a lot of grief by staying away from ADT.
This service does not work, they don't bill correctly and their Customer Service is useless.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2011 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security-Services/Torrance-California-90501/ADT-Security-Services-Alarm-Company-Ripoff-Torrance-California-734539. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security Services.

Screw A-D-T

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Just get A-BIG-DOG!

Sounds like ADT paid your insurance company to recommend burglarizing your home, so in turn they could recommend you sign up with them.

How deep does the crap run?

Did your insurance even pay out?

wow

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"my Home was burglarized on the recommendation of my Insurance Company"

You may want to consider getting a different insurance company.