Complaint Review: ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services
14200 E Exposition Ave aurora, Colorado United States of America

ADT Security Services Aggressive Selling, Bait & Switch aurora, Colorado

*Consumer Comment: terms

We contacted ADT when we were looking for a security service in Martinsville, NJ.  When they first came to the home, they said all the old alarm circuits were no good and we'd need to pay for all new hardware.  I told them to leave and I would do business with someone else.  They gave me a supervisor to talk to, and he said our hardware was fine, and we needed to spend nothing on hardware.  So we signed up.  He said "ONE YEAR" minimum, and I said fine.  Now it's more than one year and I want to cancel because we are moving.  They say its now THREE YEARS and we have to pay the difference.  I say I am moving hundreds of miles away and they say I can re sign with them in the new location and not pay the penalty...BUT I DO HAVE TO AGREE TO THREE MORE YEARS, AND PAY FOR THE HARDWARE IN THE NEW HOME - even though the new home has hardware.  So we are paying them off and will never ever do business with them again.  THEY ARE THE COMPANY THAT GIVES ALL SECURITY A BAD NAME.  Our learning:  DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH ADT!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2011 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security-Services/aurora-Colorado-80012/ADT-Security-Services-Aggressive-Selling-Bait-Switch-aurora-Colorado-746299. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security Services

terms

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"So we signed up."

What are the terms of the written contract? One year or three years?