Complaint Review: ADT Security Services

• Submitted: Wed, November 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: LG — El Paso Texas United States of America
ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services ADT continues to charge you even after you cancel and have no contract. Always raise rates. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same here

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Customer Relations

Be careful to all considering a home security service. I was a loyal customer with ADT for 7 years and found out they have been overcharging me.

When I called to cancel, I was treated very rudely and told to "take out my calculator." They told me that even though I was not on contract any longer, I would still be charged for another month and 1 week.

I told them where was this is writing and they did not present anything. This company is terrible at customer service and will gladly take your money and keep raising rates.

Caution with ADT. Check other options. I hope this can help someone and this information would have been helpful to me. Caveat Emptor, Buyer Beware : (

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2012 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security-Services/internet/ADT-Security-Services-ADT-continues-to-charge-you-even-after-you-cancel-and-have-no-contra-974984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security Services

Same here

AUTHOR: FedUp - (United States of America)

I too cancelled my ADT account but continued to be charged for 3 months AFTER I cancelled. Since my bank card had been compromised, I had the number changed. Since I believed my account with ADT was cancelled, I didn't think to notify them of my new card number (silly me). Therefore, I was ALSO charged by my bank each time ADT tried to submit another payment! And ADT actually expects me to pay those 3 months after I cancelled AND be out the bank fees?!?! I think not Charlie Brown.

ADT Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Mike - (USA)

Good Evening, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our company and would like to assist you further. Please send your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to you. Thank you. -Dan