characterized

Complaint Review: ADT Security Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 27, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, March 14, 2012

• Reported By: MadasHell — Ball Ground Georgia U.S.A.
ADT Security Services

ADT Security Services Brinks Deceptive Tactics Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Your situation

*Consumer Comment: What survey did you take to determine the following?...

After 10 or more years of customer loyalty & 3 different locations of service, I had to cancel my service with ADT, due to mine & my husband's loss of jobs. I caledl in Sept. to cancel the service & was offer 4 Free Months of service (to see if our situation changed). Received a monthly bill in Oct. with credit balance. Called in Nov. to verify cancellation (I was told to call in Sept.) & received a letter in Nov. stating that my cancelation would be effective 30 days later. Received a bill in Nov. with a credit balance. Received a bill Dec. 12 for the full yearly balance due. Dec. 14 I received a letter from a Collection Company! Called ADT 12/22/11 & was told a Supervisior would call back. I called back this morning (12/27) & was told that I would have to pay for the Free 4 Months@@###$$%%^^%%$$#@@! I was told that the Collection Agency had not & would not report to my Credit Report until I receive a final bill. @##$$%%^^^%$$#!!Everyone knows that ADT charges to highest monthly monitoring fee out there, but I stayed with them. I will NOT use they again!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2011 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security-Services/internet/ADT-Security-Services-Brinks-Deceptive-Tactics-Internet-814395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security Services

Your situation

AUTHOR: AliCent - (United States of America)

Ok, if you have been a customer of any company for that long you are not contractually obligated to stay with them. To cancel your services with ANY alarm company you have to notify them within 30 days in WRITING (it says this on your original contract) of your intent to cancel. If you received a statement showing a bill credit for the amount then you have written proof to dispute the issue with the credit bureau's... However, you said that you wanted to cancel and not accept the free months, but yet you kept accepting free months and then were surprised when you received a bill? You area always a month ahead with alarm payments- Your bill for December would actually be for January... Also, you would have had to miss a lot more payments than you are claiming for ADT to send your account to collections, there is a long process to legally sell a debt to a collector, so I think you are missing some facts to your story. As far as ADT being the most expensive company out there... Actually, our monitoring prices are pretty substandard in the industry... The only time you find something cheaper is with a small local company, in which case there is a big chance nobody will respond to your alarm going off and you get charged if your equipment breaks....

To answer the other persons question about monitoring prices- ADT charges $35.99 a month for police, fire, and medical monitoring with a FULL warranty (which means you pay $25.00 trip fee if a technician needs to come out to fix/replace anything instead of a labor and equipment charge).  So, to the original poster, obviously we are not the most expensive company... Just the best.

In parting, I hope you work your situation out! And best of luck in your job search!

What survey did you take to determine the following?...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

"Everyone knows that ADT charges to highest monthly monitoring fee out there, but I stayed with them."

I have Vivint (formerly APX) and pay $49.99/month for their basic service.

How much were you paying and what do the other alarm companies out there charge for the same level of service?

I'd like to see the results of your knowledge on this subject.

Sorry for your problems with them.