Complaint Review: ADT Security Services

• Submitted: Tue, March 06, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: T.L. — Spokane Washington U.S.A.
ADT Security Services
PO Box 631877 Internet United States of America

ADT Security Services Unconscionable terms in Contract, Internet

*Consumer Comment: My Experience

We started our alarm service with a totally different company; not ADT. They were bought out by ADT a few years ago. We did not choose ADT in the first place because we'd had a bad experience with them already related to cancellation of a business contract. ADT has terms in all of its contracts in the fine print that make it almost impossible to cancel the contract without paying them for at least an extra month and sometimes more than that. No one would consider ADT if they truly read and understood their contracts.

When the original alarm service sold out; we never dreamed that ADT would try to enforce the clauses against us because we never signed any contract with them period. Now that we have rented out this home and so cancelled the contract; typical to ADT's unethical and unconscionable style; they are billing us for an extra 30 days of system monitoring after the cancellation. Even though they know that we did not sign any contract with them.

This company doesn't have terrible service. What they have (in my opinion) is an abundance of greed. This company is buying out other alarm company's because they have become experts at getting more than their share out of every customer they service. Do yourself a favor friends; Read the fine print.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security-Services/internet/ADT-Security-Services-Unconscionable-terms-in-Contract-Internet-849725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security Services

My Experience

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Have had my shop for over 17 years. The alarm system has been "bought out" a half dozen times by different alarm companies. For the last 10 years or so, ADT is the current one. Every April, they TRY and jack my rate up by 5% and every April, I have to call them and tell them YOU BOUGHT MY CONTRACT OUT FROM ANOTHER COMPANY that had no price increases allowed and to lower my bill BACK to where it was and every APRIL they do. ADT is the pits but if I were to change companies, it would cost me a buttload more each month. Same thing goes for ADP my payroll company. They're always trying to jack up my rates. As for ADT, when they try and increase my rates, I call them up, raise hell and DEMAND that they show me a contract with MY signature on it that allows them to raise my rates. They can't. There is no fineprint 'cause we don't have a contract.