Complaint Review: ADT Security

• Updated: Mon, July 15, 2013

• Reported By: Rita — Denver Colorado
ADT Security
Internet USA

ADT Security ADT Security -you can never cancel (even after 11 years) and they do not monitor Denver Denver

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Corporate Customer Relations

*Author of original report: alarm does work we know

*Consumer Comment: Question

Can't quit ADT ever...it has only been 11 years and I am getting early termination fees.  Only reason I cancelled was that the alarm went off for 20 min, no police came and no call from ADT.   They basically have not monitored my business for 10 months since I switched phone companies and wasn't aware of it until I had a problem.  The system worked and beeped when I entered and exited.   My new security company said they should do periodic checks to make sure things are secure.

I expect a refund and they expect me to pay $336.75    When do they have any obligations to their customers, just keep taking the fees for no services rendered.  I did not sign a contract for life!

Rita, Denver, CO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/15/2013 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security/internet/ADT-Security-ADT-Security-you-can-never-cancel-even-after-11-years-and-they-do-not-mon-1067144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security

ADT Corporate Customer Relations

AUTHOR: ADT Corporate Customer Relations - ()

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with ADT's service and would like to assist you further. Please send us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help. Thank you. - Andrew

alarm does work we know

AUTHOR: ritabrigid - ()

The alarm beeps and goes off when someone doesn't put their code in right.  So, isn't that sufficient to know that it is still operational?

Question

AUTHOR: coast - ()

How many times did you perform the recommended monthly test during the ten months?