Complaint Review: ADT Security

• Updated: Tue, August 13, 2013

• Reported By: Clay — Casper Wyoming
ADT Security
Internet USA

ADT Security Protect Your HomeHome Protector, Defender Home Phone & Email Harassment, At end of my contract they won't cancel services and keep billing us. Aurora, Colorado Springs, Denver Internet

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Corporate Customer Relations

After being a good customer with ADT Security (Home Security, Defender Home, Protect Your Home) for 3 years I have had nothing but problems and harassment from them

I sold my home and wanted to move their service to the new address and they were rude and caused me to spend several hours on the phone trying to get things handled. Finally I just cancelled their services. They have harassed me with emails (which I've opted out of but they continue to send) and phone calls.

I have been in business for 25 years and base everything on honesty and integrity. These people don't know how to be honest and don't have a clue what integrity is. They keep billing me for services I have not had for 3 months.

It has been 4 months since I requested to have sevice cancelled and they just don't stop harassing us. I have sent in faxes to cancel services. I have sent emails to cancel services. I have sent letters to the billiing department to cancel services. I even paid them once to cancel services and nothing works.

My original contact to get things resolved was April 4th or 5th of 2013. I have been on the phone getting transferred from one department to another and from one company to others and nothing gets them to stop billing me.

Everytime I call them they tell me the calls are being recorded. Everytime they call me they say the phone calls are being recorded. I don't think they do or they don't have anyone reviewing them.

This company is a horrible company to do business. I believe they are crooks. You can't even find a home office address online to contact and send a complaint too.

The complaints I've sent online aren't working or helping. I have sent this info to the BBB and it didn't help either. I just received another harassing phone call for us to send them another payment.

I have been told by several people at ADT that the service has been cancelled but it sure hasn't stopped the billiing. This has been a terrible experience and I hope someone can help us.

It looks like I'm around the 264th person to file a complaint about ADT (Home Security, Defender Home, Protect Your Home) on The Ripoff Report.

ADT is a bad company to do business with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security/internet/ADT-Security-Protect-Your-HomeHome-Protector-Defender-Home-Phone-Email-Harassment-At-1075397. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security

ADT Corporate Customer Relations

AUTHOR: ADT Corporate Customer Relations - ()

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your frustrating experience with Protect Your Home as well as ADT and would like to assist you further. Please email us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help. Thank you. -Andrew