Complaint Review: ADT Security

• Updated: Thu, April 05, 2012

• Reported By: Patrick — Orlando Florida United States of America
ADT Security

ADT Security Shady Cancellation Policy, Internet

I have been an ADT Customer for 6 years.  I moved a year ago and thought I was just transferring my service from one place to another.  Little did I know, it renewed my contract for another 3 years.  Now I am moving and I will not... have an alarm at my new place.  ADT is charging me $932 to cancel my contract.  They did not install the equipment in this home, all they did is transfer the monitoring from my old home to this one.

I was told when I transferred that it was a transfer of service.  When I called today I was told that I was locked into this contract and that this was explained to me when the technician came out to set my service up, which consisted of him making a few phone calls and collecting a check from me.  I promise, I will never use them again, I will see to it that no one I know ever uses them again.  The power of Social Media.  I will cost them far more than $932.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2012 06:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT-Security/internet/ADT-Security-Shady-Cancellation-Policy-Internet-864542. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT Security