Complaint Review: ADT

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Customer Relations

*Author of original report: Issue Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Customer Relations

I'm
very upset with service that I'm receiving from ADT. I've just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I wish it didn't have to get to this level, but the service I'm receiving is ludicrous. Below, you'll find what happened. My transactions have been with the Melville office.

Last year, I had my system installed by an authorized dealer. I wanted to add some upgrades, so I scheduled an appointment for September 2012.

Sept. 2012: The installer arrives and says the the parts are not available and have to be ordered. It took between four and six weeks for them to be ordered. When I called to follow up, they were not able to tell me when it is was coming but said they would call me. They didn't call me; I had to call them.

Oct. 2012: A new appointment is scheduled, but ADT had to (understandably!) cancel it because they were having issues due to Hurricane Sandy.

Nov. 2012: A new appointment is scheduled for a Saturday. ADT never shows up. I call to find out what happened, and they said that they left us a message to tell us the installer doesn't work on Saturdays (why schedule an appt. for that day then?) I asked what number they called, and, as it turns out, they left a message at the wrong number. Corporate tells me that my
local manager will call me on Monday. By Tuesday, I have not heard, so I call them. They said that they never heard of this, and they say they can take off some money, but they cannot tell me the exact total.

Dec. 2012: A new appt. is scheduled for December 27th. My mother had brain surgery, and I had to cancel because I had to help her that day.

Jan. 3, 2012: A new appt. is scheduled. Two days before, someone calls to confirm. They have the times mixed up, but fine-I accept the time they give me. They also aren't 100 percent sure what types of payment are accepted. Today, the installer comes, and the same, original problem-the one in September about the lack of parts-is cited. I called the number given to me by the installer about an hour ago and have not yet heard back.

This situation is ludicrous, and this customer service is beyond terrible. The Better Business Bureau has been contacted. I will be posting this and emailing whoever I can until: 1. The system is actually installed. 2. We receive a major discount on the
system, and 3. Someone can tell us the total price (which, honestly, at this point should be a payment for me not from me!) and the types of payment accepted BEFORE coming.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT/Melville-New-York-httpwww/ADT-ADT-Unreliable-Sketchy-with-Information-Disorganized-Melville-New-York-990551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT

ADT Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Mike - (USA)

Good Afternoon. That is great news. I am happy to hear that your concerns were resolved and that we rightfully compensated you for the inconvenience. Should you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at CustomerConcerns@adt.com. Thank you. -Dan

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Jj1386 - (United States of America)

Today, my new equipment was installed, and ADT provided me with a significant discount for the troubles I have endured.

ADT Customer Relations

AUTHOR: Mike - (USA)

Good Evening, my name is Dan and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am very sorry to hear about your experience with our company and would like to investigate this for you further. Please send your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to you. Thank you. -Dan