Complaint Review: ADT

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: singh — rockville Maryland
ADT
2-8 metropolitan court gaithersburg, Maryland USA

ADT ADT Rep signed a installation contract then backed away from it leaving me with 1 less vacation day and $30 short for alarm registration fees Gaithersburg Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Corporate Customer Relations

I currently have ADT for my residence in Baltimore City. I recently purchased a Town Home in Rockville, Md so i contacted ADT to transfer my service to the new location. The sales rep on the phone said that i was getting a good deal and they no longer offer that rate. When I said "Thanks, I will shop around" she offered to send a sales rep from that area to do an on-site inspection of the new residence. I agreed, so i took a day off work for the inspection. The rep showed up at the new location later that week. After the inspection, he offered to replace the existing equipment with the new celluar keypad (since i already had this option at my current residence) i was not going to pay for a landline just for an alarm system for the new residence. I also told the sales rep that i wanted to pay the same rate as the baltimore residence. He then spoke with his manager for about 35 minutes. The rate they offered was $3-$4 more a month, I reluctantly agreed and we signed the contract. I also gave him a check for the amount of $30 which covered the police alarm registration charges in Montgomery County MD. When the day of the installation arrived the installer mentioned that the sales rep had made a mistake on the contract so we're unable to offer you this deal, however, if you give us another $5-$8 a month we may be able to do this for you. I politely declined and now i am upset that i spent time, energy, not to mention a day off from work and the $30 i may never see again!!!! I am very dissappointed in ADT, i've had them for the last six years and i am currently shopping around for another company may be frontpoint or someone who will not back out of a written contract!!!!!!!!!!!!

What i don't understand is why would a sales rep after inspecting the residence for the type of equipment and installation required and then speaking with his manager for 35 min and both agreeing to the deal in writing back away from their position?? The sales rep was actually a nice guy but his manager seemed to be hiding under the table when i wanted to speak with him.

-Mike S

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT/gaithersburg-Maryland-20852/ADT-ADT-Rep-signed-a-installation-contract-then-backed-away-from-it-leaving-me-with-1-les-1065543. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT

ADT Corporate Customer Relations

AUTHOR: ADT Corporate Customer Relations - ()