Complaint Review: ADT

ADT
Internet USA

ADT Lied to multiple times, scammed in to 3 year contract Baltimore Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: ADT Corporate Customer Relations

I inquired about a security system with ADT on the phone and the salesman did not mention anything about a 3 year contract. He told me the installation fee would be $99 and that it was approximately $47 per month. He set up a time for the installation at the house I was renting from.

The technician came to install the equipment, and then handed me a form which said it would be a minimum three year contract. I was infuriated. I told him that the person on the phone never mentioned this to me, not once. I was currently renting at that house and knew that there was no possibility I would be there for 3 years. So he assured me that the alarm system could be transferred to a new location. He did not tell me that I would have to start a new 3 year contract if I moved the alarm to another location before the current contract ended.

I moved approximately 10 months after the inital installation. I inquired about moving the alarm system to my new house. This is when I was informed that my current contract would be canceled and the fee would be waived, but that I would have to sign another 3 year contract at the new location. Now, I am faced with another 3 year contract and at house that I am renting from or paying aprroximately $850 to cancel my current contract. These people scammed me in to a three year contract and now I am faced with an enormous fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADT/internet/ADT-Lied-to-multiple-times-scammed-in-to-3-year-contract-Baltimore-Maryland-1059124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADT

ADT Corporate Customer Relations

AUTHOR: ADT Corporate Customer Relations - ()

Good Afternoon, my name is Andrew and I work out of ADT's Corporate Customer Relations office. I am sorry to hear about your upsetting experience with ADT's services and would like to assist you further. Please send us your contact information to CustomerConcerns@adt.com and we will reach out to help. Thank you. -Andrew