Complaint Review: ADVANTA

• Updated: Tue, September 22, 2009

• Reported By: Vee — Gerrardstown West Virginia USA
ADVANTA
P.O.Box 8088 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania United States of America

ADVANTA Credit Card Advanta raised rates without notification. Gerrardstown, West Virginia

*General Comment: Possible help for Advanta rip offs

Advanta closed out it's account this past year. That's old news. I read where others rates were hiked to 35%. I called at that time and was told that my rate would stay the same.

They did raise it to 15% though they listed 34.9% as a "default" if I didn't make a payment. I have paid on time every month.

This month I noted they raised my rate to 34.9% without notification! I called and the operator stated that they had raised it in January, which was not my understanding. He told me since it was closed, I needed to call another number of 1-800-388-2227.

Before I hung up, I asked if the part of my balance that is 35% be paid off in tandem with the promo rate I still have a balance on of 2.9%. He said "no, all goes to the lower amount first."

So, the higher amount is just compounding interest at this ridiculously higher rate!

I called the number. It was a debt counseling center! I would have to consent to having them take over the debt to have them negotiate this!

This is incredible! I have been thinking I was staying on top of this and was ripped off all along. Any help out there for this?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2009 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADVANTA/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19101-8088/ADVANTA-Credit-Card-Advanta-raised-rates-without-notification-Gerrardstown-West-Virginia-483961. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADVANTA

#1 General Comment

Possible help for Advanta rip offs

AUTHOR: Wlt, llc - (U.S.A.)

We  have  had  the  exact  same  situation....perfect  record,  low  rate,  etc.

Card  cancelled,  rate  went  to  33.9%,  given  credit  couseling  number..yadda  yadda.  All  letters  unanswered,  all  calls  saying  sorry  we  can't  help  you.

Finally  found  a  guy  who  might  help...he's  an  advanta  business  guy

Danny  Bigel...267-525-4611,,,he  actually  renegotiated  the rate  down  to  9.9%

under some  hardship  program,  and  lowered  the payment. they  are  still  making  a  killing, but  it's  better  than  nothing....Give  him  a  try

thoroughly