• Report: #199286

• Submitted: Mon, July 03, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 03, 2006

• Reported By:NASHVILLE Tennessee

In November 2005, I received a call from a represetative for Advantage America who "claimed" he was calling from the U.S. Grants division and that I had won a grant for $10,000. When I asked how they got may name he stated that I was chosen from a lottery of people who filed the taxes on time. I know this sounds stupid and I was dumb for believing any of it. This guy was foriegn and it was hard to understand him. He went on to say that the money was absolutely free and that all he needed from me was my checking account number (nothing would be taken from my account).

The trickery of the whole situation was when I had "approve" everything, I was told that I would be put on hold and then i would be asked questions from the automated system. The problem was the agent kept talking OVER the automated system and I couldn't understand what was being said. He told me to just say "yes" to get through the process faster. Of course a few weeks later,

I learned that my account was debited $300 from Advantage America. After speaking with my bank, they played the phone conversation back and of course there was no voice talking over the automated system. All I could hear was me saying yes to several things that I never heard on the original call! After numerous attempts to talk with a Manager or supervisor, I still haven't heard from them and this is now JULY 2006! But I'm not through with Advantage America. I want to know why our government is still allowing these type of organizations to prosper?

NASHVILLE, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2006 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADVANTAGE-AMERICA/WINTER-PARK-Florida-32792/ADVANTAGE-AMERICA-ripoff-WINTER-PARK-Florida-199286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADVANTAGE AMERICA