Complaint Review: ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING

• Submitted: Sun, August 05, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: ____ — Massachusetts United States of America
ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING

ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING oh no... ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING posts a gimmick employment ad in craigslist, Internet

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: ASM is not a scam

*UPDATE Employee: Not true

*Author of original report: some villian hiding anonymously...the previous poster is just a mess like ASM....and being too hard with herself

*UPDATE Employee: Please don't listen to this delusional mess of a person

*Author of original report: Advantage Sales and Marketing is a sham

*UPDATE Employee: Ignorance is not necessarily bliss!

*UPDATE Employee: I'm a CURRENT employee

*UPDATE Employee: ASM - The Truth

*Author of original report: That post above negating the thread is untrue a pretender and nonsense........................

*UPDATE Employee: As a former recruiter of ASM,I can say the jobs are definitely not scams

*Author of original report: a phony advertisement......

*Author of original report: ASM aka Advantage Sales and Marketing

The truth is nobody is really needed..   ASM is your typical online incompetent cheap company

I was lured into filling out an outrageousely lengthy application online for a Project Merchandiser that was advertised everywhere in craigslist.

It took forever for someone with  an oddname of CARRIE TEAPOLE to get back.  I got called once and subsequently I seemed to be provided the runaround as no one called me back until a week later to my surprise.  But the red flag that it was really the runaround was as CARRIE TEAPOLE, made up name, told me that the opening was in a chain drug store but she was so vague as to what it was I would be doing was the red flag.

The further red flag was that she asked me too many questions that led to nothing but putting it off further by making me answer an online assessment test.  I would be suspicious of assessment tests...it's a rigged personality test in disguise.  She promised to provide feedback.

The further red flag was that CARRIE TEAPOLE was so vague concerning the outcome of the personality test as if I didn't know it was the runaround.  So I went along with it and took the assessment test.  And a form letter was snuck to me by email Sunday afternoon...a bunch of bullsh*t.  I never was provided with feedback upon answering the assessment test.

CARRIE TEAPOLE is a liar.  It's a reflection of the way their employees are treated badly.

ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING is a sleazy company...their intentions are not to need anyone but to collect personal data....beware as to wasting your time dealing with this scam..........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2012 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADVANTAGE-SALES-AND-MARKETING/internet/ADVANTAGE-SALES-AND-MARKETING-oh-no-ADVANTAGE-SALES-AND-MARKETING-posts-a-gimmick-empl-922857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING

#1 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

ASM is not a scam

AUTHOR: Jamie - (USA)

To the person that stated that Advantage Sales & Marketing is a scam is so untrue. I am currently an employee representing Epson Corp for ASM. The have with me hired me in a timely manner with an extensive background check along with the drug screening and proof of auto insurance since i am an territorial sales specialist. They have provided me excellent produce training from Epson at there home office in Long Beach, CA.  I am currently an employee that allow me to work from home and the managers are very professional. We have bi-weekly conference calls and have access to support from both an local district sales manager along with a wonderfull trainer named Rhonda in the Long Beach office. It sad that this person is so angry that they didn't get hired and that they decided to trash the company. Hopefully the person finally gets a job and stops making up bad reviews to companies that don't hire them It is a tough economy out there and not everyone is going to get hired. I also didn't need to take a test, which sound strange. I was hired based on my experience and background from the resume is submitted and believe me, they verified all the information before  me coming on board.

Not true

AUTHOR: Oregon - (USA)

I work for ASM.  I have 2 problems with the co.

1.  in over 3 yrs I have never received a raise, you can be admin has.  They keep coming out with "new programs", well they can keep those and give the money to us front line employees instead.

2.  Most ads that I have seen state 35 hours.  Maybe once in over 3 yrs have I worked 30 hrs!!  That part of their ads is very misleading.  I went to the local employment office with payslips to show them. Unfortunately their employment ads are done regionally and there was nothing the local office could do about it.

But there are jobs in alot of different areas, just know what you are doing.

AUTHOR: ____ - ()

A lot of people receive e mails originating with a different ASM recruiter everytime.   That is prove someone being too insecure she doesn't have any business being an ASM Recruiter.    The different ASM Recruiters simply refer applicants to the ASM website to search for local openings.   A new application and new personality test are adminsitered each time someone applies.   It's the runaround.   And the above poster that wasn't nice to express names to people you don't know.  Perhaps, it's you that are a "delusional mess" and need to obtain a something better to do than hide behind the internet and write not nice comments to people expressing their honest feedback concerning a horrible company,   ASM.

Please don't listen to this delusional mess of a person

AUTHOR: Demon - ()

I know this is an old post, but it's insulting all the same. It is insulting because over 20 years ago ASM was established, and since has not had any huge issues dealing with their employees (that I know of). It is insulting because I found the position I currently work being advertised on Craigslist, and while I remained wary, I followed through the process and discovered one of the best companies that I've ever worked for. It is insulting because despite the fact that I make mistakes, or have agendas other than my job, ASM has continued to be flexible and understanding of me and my needs as a working college student.

ASM pays me $10/hr for what I do, and I do it well because they are a generous company that could have easily offered me minimum and I would have taken it. I've been working with them for over a year now.

They're not fake; I'M not fake. Anyone that says such a thing is misguided or delusional. Take it from me; a random internet passerby that felt so compelled to shut down this 2 year old lie that the OP was spreading, that while sifting through actual scams (because I only work weekends with ASM I'm currently looking for a weekday job with a good rep) I stumbled upon this pile of garbage.

No offense, but there's something weird about someone that uses so many elipsis anyway.

I'm not getting paid for typing this, and I'm not in any way "in-good-with-the-company". I'm just letting any other random passerby know that I love my s****y job with ASM, and the OP is ignorant on this matter and for that he costed himself a job. Everything that the people that "claim" to be employees or ex-employees are saying is true (at least that I know of). This job, as f***ing simple as it is, was probably just too complicated for the OP.

F*** you OP.

Advantage Sales and Marketing is a sham

AUTHOR: ____ - ()

Sham to you .....the postings in the website are untrue....ASM just is out to nosey into jobseekers' business....the jobs advertised anywhere are a gimmick.

Ignorance is not necessarily bliss!

AUTHOR: Nancy - ()

I came by this website via a friend. What I want to say is this...

I hae been an employee for ASM going on 2 years. This is a great company to work for. Management team and corporate support team are outstanding. Further...if you are trying to get a job off of Craigs List you must be crazy!

Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together knows NOT to put their eggs for employment in that basket. Have you ever heard of going DIRECTLY to the employers website?  GEEZE!

People are NOT lured ANYWHERE. I get that it is a lengthy app and process but I'm still here and I LOVE it! Shame on YOU!

I'm a CURRENT employee

AUTHOR: SIV - ()

I've been an employee of Advantage Sales and Marketing for 3 years.  If they're a scam, I'd sure like to know who deposits money to my bank account every other week.  They do not hire everyone that fills out an application.  There is an interview process....first a phone interview or 2.  There's a background check.  There's a drug test.  Then, I've been told now there is a face to face interview...which I didn't go through when I was hired.

The company hires all the time.  Several co-workers have gotten hired within the last few months.  A friend got offered a job last week, but turned it down.  Another friend is still trying to get on with the company.  I've had several people get hired.  The company is NOT a scam.

ASM - The Truth

AUTHOR: Kaurisma - ()

All you have to do is go to www.asmnet.com and you will see a detailed website that gives plenty of information on the companies history, it's services and it's ideals, philosophies and goals.  Advantage Sales & Marketing is not a hoax.

I have worked for ASM going on twelve years.  I have worked in five different states and have served various mainstream and major clients including Johnson & Johnson, JM Smuckers, Post, Gatorade, and Unilever.

The hiring process is a mess.  I had to deal with the problems myself when I changed positions.

However, ASM is a well-respected, International company that has build a reputation with some of the largest consumer product companies in the world.

Research and educate yourself before making such flamatory remarks about a company.  You do a major disservice to others looking for opportunity.

AUTHOR: ____ - (United States of America)

Advantage Sales and Marketing is an example of an organization that doesn't got its act together.   A new ' recruiter ' periodically voicemails and e mails me.   The ' recruiter ' sounds nervous, a red flag.   And the opening is never at the location advertised.   And the ' recruiter '  is vague.  Just e mails me a ridiculous online exam that doesn't lead to anything.   Advantage Sales and Marketing is an incompetent organization , liars and cheap.    Some new '  recruiter '  left me a voicemail.   Difficult to understand his foreign accent.   As I told him I already took your personality exam,  he goes, ' I 'll call you right back.'    And that was a month ago.   Liars at best is an example.  I also requested my name taken off the list and I still receive voicemails and e mails from new ' recruiters. '

Its some call center that doesn't know what its doing.   I would ignore these ' recruiters.'   As not what  they say they are.   The ' troll' above is untrue.   And those names in the posting no longer work for Advantage Sales and Marketing.   It can't be written any better that applicants jump thru hoops and no work.   I  would stay away.............................................................................................................

As a former recruiter of ASM,I can say the jobs are definitely not scams

AUTHOR: Recruiter - (United States of America)

Hello, as a former recruiter of ASM I can say that the jobs are not Scams.  The jobs are most definitely real and I think you should not believe everything you read on the internet. I think these are from people who are bitter about not being selected for the position they apply for.  Just like many companies, many people apply for these positions being posted nationwide. If the recruiter doesn't get back with you, you didnt fit the position. It is impossible to reply back to 100's of people wanting to know "if you got their resume" and believe me, everyone wants to check at least 3 times to see if they are being choosen .  If they send you their assessment, congrats .. you have made it to the next step of the interviewing process. After completing the assessment your information is sent to a supervisor for the position so they can review your information and and decide if you are worthwile doing a face to face interview. I'm sorry but every position in every location the recruiters post are real and they are looking for experienced people to place in those positions.  I can't believe all the reports on here saying they are frauds when in fact the people complaining are the bitter frauds. I'm not saying they don't have a crazy long application process and their forms can be accessive but its from people like these complainers that companies must cover their a$$es and keep adding steps to the process so they don't discriminate or get lawsuits.

Believe what you want but I worked for ASM for a decade and they have lots of clients and are growing every year. If you want a job, look there. If you want to believe everything you read on here then.. your loss. The recruiters are real , I have worked with Carrie myself, they don't collect information for any reason but for the purposes of hiring people.

a phony advertisement......

AUTHOR: ____ - (United States of America)

Try to stay away from ASM........They don't really need anyone......Carrie Teapole....a made up name.....you are a liar...........

ASM makes applicants take a personality test that is rigged...To prove this, ASM makes no effort to rectify anything....its's the truth their ad is a gimmick.....and ASM is a disorganized, cheap company that don't got it together and offends it's applicants for their problems............

ASM aka Advantage Sales and Marketing

AUTHOR: ____ - (United States of America)

Beware of that deceptive advertising.   Carrie Teapole, some made up name, takes forever to get back.  No one is really needed.   You simply receive the runaround.  ASM continues to readvertise their phony employment ad at craigslist for nonexistent openings in Massachusetts.    The ad is scam and a waste of time......