Complaint Review: ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING

• Submitted: Sun, August 05, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: ____ — Massachusetts United States of America
ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING

ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING oh no... ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING posts a gimmick employment ad in craigslist, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: I'm a CURRENT employee

*UPDATE Employee: ASM - The Truth

*Author of original report: That post above negating the thread is untrue a pretender and nonsense........................

*UPDATE Employee: As a former recruiter of ASM,I can say the jobs are definitely not scams

*Author of original report: a phony advertisement......

*Author of original report: ASM aka Advantage Sales and Marketing

The truth is nobody is really needed..   ASM is your typical online incompetent cheap company

I was lured into filling out an outrageousely lengthy application online for a Project Merchandiser that was advertised everywhere in craigslist.

It took forever for someone with  an oddname of CARRIE TEAPOLE to get back.  I got called once and subsequently I seemed to be provided the runaround as no one called me back until a week later to my surprise.  But the red flag that it was really the runaround was as CARRIE TEAPOLE, made up name, told me that the opening was in a chain drug store but she was so vague as to what it was I would be doing was the red flag.

The further red flag was that she asked me too many questions that led to nothing but putting it off further by making me answer an online assessment test.  I would be suspicious of assessment tests...it's a rigged personality test in disguise.  She promised to provide feedback.

The further red flag was that CARRIE TEAPOLE was so vague concerning the outcome of the personality test as if I didn't know it was the runaround.  So I went along with it and took the assessment test.  And a form letter was snuck to me by email Sunday afternoon...a bunch of bullsh*t.  I never was provided with feedback upon answering the assessment test.

CARRIE TEAPOLE is a liar.  It's a reflection of the way their employees are treated badly.

ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING is a sleazy company...their intentions are not to need anyone but to collect personal data....beware as to wasting your time dealing with this scam..........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2012 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ADVANTAGE-SALES-AND-MARKETING/internet/ADVANTAGE-SALES-AND-MARKETING-oh-no-ADVANTAGE-SALES-AND-MARKETING-posts-a-gimmick-empl-922857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ADVANTAGE SALES AND MARKETING

I'm a CURRENT employee

AUTHOR: SIV - ()

I've been an employee of Advantage Sales and Marketing for 3 years.  If they're a scam, I'd sure like to know who deposits money to my bank account every other week.  They do not hire everyone that fills out an application.  There is an interview process....first a phone interview or 2.  There's a background check.  There's a drug test.  Then, I've been told now there is a face to face interview...which I didn't go through when I was hired.

The company hires all the time.  Several co-workers have gotten hired within the last few months.  A friend got offered a job last week, but turned it down.  Another friend is still trying to get on with the company.  I've had several people get hired.  The company is NOT a scam.

ASM - The Truth

AUTHOR: Kaurisma - ()

All you have to do is go to www.asmnet.com and you will see a detailed website that gives plenty of information on the companies history, it's services and it's ideals, philosophies and goals.  Advantage Sales & Marketing is not a hoax.

I have worked for ASM going on twelve years.  I have worked in five different states and have served various mainstream and major clients including Johnson & Johnson, JM Smuckers, Post, Gatorade, and Unilever.

The hiring process is a mess.  I had to deal with the problems myself when I changed positions.

However, ASM is a well-respected, International company that has build a reputation with some of the largest consumer product companies in the world.

Research and educate yourself before making such flamatory remarks about a company.  You do a major disservice to others looking for opportunity.

AUTHOR: ____ - (United States of America)

Advantage Sales and Marketing is an example of an organization that doesn't got its act together.   A new ' recruiter ' periodically voicemails and e mails me.   The ' recruiter ' sounds nervous, a red flag.   And the opening is never at the location advertised.   And the ' recruiter '  is vague.  Just e mails me a ridiculous online exam that doesn't lead to anything.   Advantage Sales and Marketing is an incompetent organization , liars and cheap.    Some new '  recruiter '  left me a voicemail.   Difficult to understand his foreign accent.   As I told him I already took your personality exam,  he goes, ' I 'll call you right back.'    And that was a month ago.   Liars at best is an example.  I also requested my name taken off the list and I still receive voicemails and e mails from new ' recruiters. '

Its some call center that doesn't know what its doing.   I would ignore these ' recruiters.'   As not what  they say they are.   The ' troll' above is untrue.   And those names in the posting no longer work for Advantage Sales and Marketing.   It can't be written any better that applicants jump thru hoops and no work.   I  would stay away.............................................................................................................

As a former recruiter of ASM,I can say the jobs are definitely not scams

AUTHOR: Recruiter - (United States of America)

Hello, as a former recruiter of ASM I can say that the jobs are not Scams.  The jobs are most definitely real and I think you should not believe everything you read on the internet. I think these are from people who are bitter about not being selected for the position they apply for.  Just like many companies, many people apply for these positions being posted nationwide. If the recruiter doesn't get back with you, you didnt fit the position. It is impossible to reply back to 100's of people wanting to know "if you got their resume" and believe me, everyone wants to check at least 3 times to see if they are being choosen .  If they send you their assessment, congrats .. you have made it to the next step of the interviewing process. After completing the assessment your information is sent to a supervisor for the position so they can review your information and and decide if you are worthwile doing a face to face interview. I'm sorry but every position in every location the recruiters post are real and they are looking for experienced people to place in those positions.  I can't believe all the reports on here saying they are frauds when in fact the people complaining are the bitter frauds. I'm not saying they don't have a crazy long application process and their forms can be accessive but its from people like these complainers that companies must cover their a$$es and keep adding steps to the process so they don't discriminate or get lawsuits.

Believe what you want but I worked for ASM for a decade and they have lots of clients and are growing every year. If you want a job, look there. If you want to believe everything you read on here then.. your loss. The recruiters are real , I have worked with Carrie myself, they don't collect information for any reason but for the purposes of hiring people.

a phony advertisement......

AUTHOR: ____ - (United States of America)

Try to stay away from ASM........They don't really need anyone......Carrie Teapole....a made up name.....you are a liar...........

ASM makes applicants take a personality test that is rigged...To prove this, ASM makes no effort to rectify anything....its's the truth their ad is a gimmick.....and ASM is a disorganized, cheap company that don't got it together and offends it's applicants for their problems............

ASM aka Advantage Sales and Marketing

AUTHOR: ____ - (United States of America)

Beware of that deceptive advertising.   Carrie Teapole, some made up name, takes forever to get back.  No one is really needed.   You simply receive the runaround.  ASM continues to readvertise their phony employment ad at craigslist for nonexistent openings in Massachusetts.    The ad is scam and a waste of time......