Cried

• Submitted: Mon, July 31, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, July 31, 2006

• Reported By:brookfield Connecticut
A&E Factory Service - Whirlpool
1300 Lewis Henna Blvd Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

A&E Factory Service - Whirlpool ripoff Fort Worth Texas

July 31, 2006

I bought a Whirlpool Side by Side Refrigerator in 2003.

On July 6, 2006, the machine failed. A&E Factory Service could not send anyone out until July 12. On July 12, they declared the problem to be a defective computer chip and charged me $245,

On July 28, the machine stopped working in the morning but cut back in that night. Suspecting a brown out, I let it go. The same repeated on the 29th and again on the 30th. By this time everything had been ruined.

I am an insulin-dependent diabetic. I put my insulin on ice in a cooler as I did earlier in the month.

I called A&E Factory Service again on the 30th & they promised me a technician between 8 am & 5 pm on Monday the 31th. At 3:30 pm A&E phoned me and said that the technician could not make it & they wanted to reschedule on the following Friday. I asked for a supervison & was forwarded to someone Named Nick with an ID# of 8580, He would not change the Friday appointment, nor would he forward me to his supervisor. Instead he told me to write a letter & gave me an address.

I have over $2000 of insulin in an ice chest. I cannot get any replacement of the insulin (2 vials have already gone bad because I wasn't aware that the machine was broken - they turned color). I can't get replacement insulin from my drug plan for 2 1/2 months.

I am dissatisfied with A&E Factory Service & dissatisfied with Whirlpool for choosing A&E to support their product.

Gerald
brookfield, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2006 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AE-Factory-Service-Whirlpool/Fort-Worth-Texas/AE-Factory-Service-Whirlpool-ripoff-Fort-Worth-Texas-203779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on A&E Factory Service - Whirlpool

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

'stretching' your insulin. My wife needs Humalog and Lantis, and I have found that vials of both can be used well beyond their specified "discard one month after opening them" that the directions state if you keep them quite cold but not frozen.

So your iced cooler is a great idea. Maybe you should consider a small and simple fridge for your insulin? Sams, Costco, etc. all sell 1 cu ft for less than $100 and 2 cu ft for less than $200.

Your problem can be that when your power drops offline and is then restored, the "brains" in your fancy fridge get fried. The "brain" in our double wall oven fried because our power dropped offline and was then restored several times.