Complaint Review: AECOM INCORPORATION

• Updated: Sat, October 06, 2012

• Reported By: Grace Ellen — Lighthouse Point Florida United States of America
AECOM INCORPORATION
3468 Norwich Ave Woodstock, Ontario United States of America

AECOM INCORPORATION I was congratulated on being a 2nd place winner in a web based lottery. Got a check to pay my taxes!! What a deal if it were true!!!! Woodstock, Ontario

I was contacted by letter from Ontario, Canada congratulating me on winning $95,000! It seems I was selected randomly from a web based database through a computerized draw system... A check for $2,950 accompanied the letter which was to be deposited to my bank account so I could pay my taxes for $2,800.00

The check was a cashiers check but needed to be "validated" so I was instructed to call Gary Kopal at 1-905-598-2870.

I e-mailed the bank and questioned the validity of the check and then called Mr. Kopal who answered on the first ring of the phone! Mr. Kopal gave me specific instructions about when to deposit the check and instructed me to call him on Tuesday October 9th. He would then give me further instructions on how to collect my big winnings.

I then called my son who is licensed with the SEC in the US and a director of trading for a reputable company in the US and told him of this situation.  He advised me to call the district attorney at once and NOT to deposit the check since "mom, there is NO money"

Since it is Saturday and all is quiet till Monday, I decided to go to the internet and search for AECOM. I found this site and I thank you so much for all your great information!

I can tell you that the very first thing I noticed about this scam letter was many typos and poor language usage. This is certainly not a letter that would have been sent by a reputable company and there is no signature on the letter of the "promotions manager, Barbara Whitfield.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2012 06:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AECOM-INCORPORATION/Woodstock-Ontario-N4S3V8/AECOM-INCORPORATION-I-was-congratulated-on-being-a-2nd-place-winner-in-a-web-based-lotter-951599. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AECOM INCORPORATION