Brooklyn

• Updated: Fri, August 14, 2009

• Reported By: Patsy Henderson — Texarkana Arkansas USA
AEP - Southwestern Electric Power - American Electric Power
P.O.Box 24401 Canton, Ohio United States of America

AEP - Southwestern Electric Power - American Electric Power Aep; electric company Since I know your're disabled, and I think your're confused, I'll add charges to your bill and you won't know it! Don't argue with me just pay up! Texarkana, Arkansas

The Southwestern Electric company have came up with several reasons, to charge additional fees to my account just because I have been unable to pay my bill on time.  They charged me an additional deposit of $ 160.00 dollars for being late on my bill and only credited me $88.00 and $44.00. those two amounts don't add up to $160.00.and what happenned to my original deposit of $140.00 that already there. They get frustrated if you call and ask that they go over your bill and if there is a discrepancy customer service will go in the computer and change it to whatever they are saying, no matter what your're bill reflects.  That's surely an unusual rip-off.  I can't stop them from doing it to me!  I paid all my late charges which were added to the bill every month.  The billing date was before my check, and someone had to come and pick up my bill payments since I been confined to a wheelchair for the last five years. I asked for pay arrangements, since the additonal amount along with my bill made it jump to $300.00 dollars.  It's stated on the bill that they help the disabled, but they never wanted to help me and it was always an argument as to keep my bill on until someone came and got the monies to the pay station. I feel that I'm the lone stranger in this, but surely others may be going through the same.  But, the last straw with me was they rebilled me a bill that I already paid.! They don't want to hear it.  I'm so tired of customer service thinking they're smart enough to steal bill payments through the computer, but that's what's going on with me.  My account has been re-billed the same amount and I'm getting tired of paying all this extra money for everything else besides my actual electric usage!

Sincerely,

Patsy H

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2009 04:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AEP-Southwestern-Electric-Power-American-Electric-Power/Canton-Ohio-44701-4401/AEP-Southwestern-Electric-Power-American-Electric-Power-Aep-electric-company-Since-I-479722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AEP - Southwestern Electric Power - American Electric Power