voters

• Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: ewellinger — Connecticut USA
AEPC Member Services
1120 AVE OF THE AMERICAS New York, New York United States of America

AEPC Member Services SKYGUIDE EXECUTIVE PRIV Charged American Express Card with $89.95 without informing Me New York, New York

I was looking over my bank account statement on the internet and I saw a charge for $89.95 for AEPC Member Services, which to this day I still don't know what this company really is.  I did a search and found similar rip-off reports and dissatisfied customers.

Eventually I got around to calling American Express (of course they wouldn't let me dispute the charge on the internet, that would just be too easy) and went through the process of explaining that I refused to pay for something that I don't even know what it is.  They transferred me to someone in AEPC Member Services who tried to find the address that the mail order was sent to.

From what I can gather is that they send you a mail order and if you don't respond, then they automatically charge you.  They couldn't, however, figure out where the mailing list had been sent to so I NEVER had the chance to opt of whatever this is.

They said they would refund the charge and credit my account in 7-10 business days.  Come several weeks later I check back and realized no such credits were issued.  So again I have to get back on the phone for upwards of 20 minutes to do the same process over again.  That was earlier today, so hopefully I'll get my money back

It seemed to me that AEPC had some sort of connection with American Express but I can't be certain about that

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2011 03:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AEPC-Member-Services/New-York-New-York-10036-6700/AEPC-Member-Services-SKYGUIDE-EXECUTIVE-PRIV-Charged-American-Express-Card-with-8995-wit-807313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AEPC Member Services