Complaint Review: AES ,American Education Services

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, November 06, 2007

• Reported By:Alexandria Virginia
AES ,American Education Services
PO Box 2461 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-233-0557
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

AES ,American Education Services "We don't care" Harrisburg Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Talk to that individual again

Sometimes you have no choice who you get your loans through, just that you get an education to pay off those loans. Everything was fine until I graduated--then all hell broke loose.

Two months ago, I wrote in and asked about their different income sensitive programs. Two weeks later, I get a response. They send me the MGRS form and I send it in. Three more times of faxing it in later, they claim they finally got it. This took over a month. I called them numerous times only to be put on hold for over 30 minutes. Who has that kind of time? By now, my payments are two months overdue, with each phone call saying they are working on it, and each email still taking two weeks to get a response.

Today was different--they turned their story around. Now, they are calling my co-signer, threatening to ruin her credit. They haven't called me once, buy they are calling my mother? According to their computers, they have all my information. I speak to a very unkind and rude customer service rep today and after he screamed at me, I demanded to speak with his supervisor. This is how the conversation played out:

Me: This is the problem. I have called, I have faxed in four times, I have done everything in my power to get this account into good standing and for some reason, I keep getting stonewalled. Your customer service takes up to two weeks to get me a response via email when it clearly states up to three days. All I want to do is get this settled today so I can move on with my life.

Supervisor: Look lady, we deal with over $90 billion dollars in student loans, over 5,000 emails a day. I am so damn sorry it took two weeks to get a response but we really don't care--

Me: Well, if you make so much money, maybe you should hire more people. And for the record, I know about your stock and your company, so I don't need an AES economic lecture today sir. I just want to get my account taken care of.

Supervisor: Well, we recieved your MGRS via fax last week--

Me: Thats great

Supervisor: But you still owe $***** in your past due amount.

Me: That is crazy! I've been trying to get this fixed way before my account was deliqent. Your company hasn't reponded. This is not my fault. I cannot afford this payment. And I would really appreciate it if you stopped calling my mother and threatening her. Leave her out of this--this is between you guys and me.

Supervisor: Whatever.

Me: You shouldn't be talking to me like this. (silence) You know what, I have a better idea--update your system, hire a few more people while I go over to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. (and I did, BTW)

Supervisor: Go ahead, ***h.

The big question is, what do I do now? I am going to find some way to come up with the bagillion dollars that I shouldn't have to pay right now, to try and salvage my credit report. But I am not letting this go. Obviously AES has some shady business practices and we need to do something about it! According the BBB's website, AES has had over 107 complaints in the past year alone--they don't give this place a good rating and neither should you! Stay away if you must!

Jackie
Alexandria, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 09:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AES-American-Education-Services/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17105-2461/AES-American-Education-Services-We-dont-care-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-269107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES ,American Education Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Talk to that individual again

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

I suggest you call them again and ask to speak to that individual. Put the call on speaker phone and inform them that you are recording the conversation. THIS IS IMPORTANT! You MUST let them know you're recording the conversation. Convince this individual to admit to verbally abusing you, and if he/she doesn't, then call him or her out on lying. If the person hangs up, then you have all the evidence you need to file a complaint against the company. I'm sure they will work something out with that kind of leverage.