Complaint Review: AES- American Education Services

• Reported By:Land of the Free Utah
AES- American Education Services
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

AES- American Education Services Faked my signature! Harrisburg Pennsylvania

*Consumer Suggestion: Fight back agains AES & their fraudulent practices!

*Consumer Comment: You have no choice

AES forged my signature on a "student loan" and is trying to collect on it. They have contacted me by mail and phone, harrassingly, I might add. As I investigated the incident further, I asked my "account rep" to send some proof that I owe them money (because I knew I didn't- I consolodated with a completely different, legitimate company). They guy sent a fax with cover letter. The cover letter had my name written with his signature on it, and then on the "promissary note" was the same handwritting and missing information! I think it even had the wrong birthday.

Anyway, they don't know that I know they are a fraud, I am trying to find a lawyer to help me get rid of them. Some say it's a contract dispute, others say fraud. I am going to try both the angles. Even on my credit report, it says nothing about it. College students beware!

A.
Land of the Free, Utah
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2007 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AES-American-Education-Services/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania/AES-American-Education-Services-Faked-my-signature-Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-256171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES- American Education Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Fight back agains AES & their fraudulent practices!

AUTHOR: Christy Harris - (U.S.A.)

I also have had repeated problems with AES. The most recent I will be filing a rip off report on. I have researched and found that AES has an "F" rating with the BBB with 172 complaints in 12 months. I suggest in addition to filing a rip off report, all people affected by AES & their practices also file with the BBB & the Federal Trade Commission, Division of financial practices. The FTC does not resolve individual complaints, but enters all complaints into a data base which is reviewed.

The FTC handles consumer protection issues & will investigate the company & their practices if complaints warrant. If enough of us that have been affected & abused by AES join together & file complaints, the FTC is sure to see fit to investigate!

The address to file a complaint with the FTC is www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov
To file with the BBB, just go to the BBB website.

You have no choice

AUTHOR: James - (U.S.A.)

When you get a student loan, your original lender can sell the account to anyone they want. AES is the most common company, and their business practices are beyond shady. They lose money, forge signatures, and swear at their customers.