Complaint Review: AES - American Education Services

• Updated: Tue, August 10, 2010

• Reported By: Tonya — murfreesboro Tennessee United States of America
AES - American Education Services
1200 N 7th Street Internet United States of America

AES - American Education Services Students Beware!! They make countless mistakes, lie and try to ruin your credit!!! Internet

I am a co-signer on a loan through this company.  The applicant currently has 2 loans with the company.  Mine is the only loan she is currently making payments on.  Originally, the applicant tried to setup automatic payments for this loan only from her checking account.  AES could not setup this process without including the other account.  Unfortunately, she tried this for 3 months before they even told her it would not be possible.  Meanwhile, each time they did not receive their payment within 10 days of the due date, they contacted both her and me threatening to report the lateness to our credit reports.  When I asked why they were contacting me so early, they told me that as a cosigner I was equally responsible andf they would call me every day and every month until I paid the account.  I git to where I simply ignored the phone and contacted the applicant to make certain the payment had been made.  On 2 of these occassions, I learned that not only was the payment made, but a double payment was made.  It had just not been applied correctly.  The 3rd time this happened, I made the payment myself through the www.aessuccess.org website.

On the website, both loans are listed.  I selected the one I was co-signer for and made a payment.  The payment cleared my account 2 days later and when I logged back on to their website, it was posted to the loan under payment history.  10 days later, I get a phone call from a collection agency!!  She tells me the account is 48 days past due.  When I tell her I made a payment she looks at the account again and says "oops, it's only 39 days past due".  Then I pull up my payment confirmation and she logs into the AES website.  She sees the payment I made and says that the account must have already been a couple of months behind.  THEN she looks again and says the equivalent of, oops, my bad.  It looks like they received the payment, but they did not post it to your account.  The account is actually current.  3 days later, I get another phone call from the collection agency.  And again the next day.  I decided to call AES myself.  When researched, they discovered their error, but did not apologize or remove any late fees or correct my credit report.  YES, they reported to all 3 credit agencies!!!  This is a horrible company.  They make their living from issuing student loans on the pretense of bettering your life, then spend the rest of theirs trying to destroy your credit!!!  Do NOT get a loan with these people!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2010 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AES-American-Education-Services/internet/AES-American-Education-Services-Students-Beware-They-make-countless-mistakes-lie-and-630340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES - American Education Services