Complaint Review: AES Modules

• Updated: Thu, January 24, 2013

• Reported By: Marsh — California United States of America
AES Modules
11554 Davis Creek Court Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

AES Modules Automotive Electronic Solutions Bait and Switch Fraud Jacksonville, Florida

ECU Repair Scam

I was told by AES that they would inspect my ecu for $85 dollars.  If it were in working condition, it would be sent back to me as it was.

I was told that if the unit was not functioning, it would cost $199 with the $85 rolled in to that.  Or, I could purchase a remanufactured unit for $399.  This was in the case that the unit had been destroyed by catastrophic flood or fire.

I asked Jamell the Sales pitch Rep. many questions to determine whether there were other conditions that would make my unit unrepairable.  I referred to pics on the internet showing blackened and melted boards.  Jamell assured me that they could repair it and even when a board had been melted all of the way through.

The unit was sent and not long after its arrival at AES, I received a call saying the unit was unrepairable and that I could purchase a remanufactured unit

The Sales Rep, Jamell, referring to himself as Doctor of Parts, partsologist, told me that the ecu was unrepairable due to a shorted part or circuit?.  Now that is exactly what he had previously prior to my order promised me that they would be fixing.  He said that they replace component parts and resolder the board where necessary.

I was offered to purchase a remanufactured unit, but at an increased price of $440.  The reason for the increase was twofold.  One, that my unit was unrepairable as a core.  And second, the $85 would not roll into the purchase.

I am still waiting for my unit to be sent back.

I likely will contact the Florida State Attorney General, FBI Internet Fraud Department, and BBB to lodge formal complaints.  I will likely ask my credit card company to reverse the charges.

This was a Bait and Switch Fraud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 10:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AES-Modules/Jacksonville-Florida-32256/AES-Modules-Automotive-Electronic-Solutions-Bait-and-Switch-Fraud-Jacksonville-Florida-1002550. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES Modules