Complaint Review: AES Student Loans

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-233-0557
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

AES Student Loans - American Education Services fraud, high interest, bad customer service, they lie Harrisburg Pennsylvania

This company offers loans at a low interest rate and claims that it is easy to put your loans in deferment or forbearance. This is all one big lie. I signed up for a loan through them, a year later my balance had increased by over 30%. As I understood, my loan was not supposed to collect interest while I was in school, this was lie #1. Lie #2 came when my interest rate jumped from 6.5% to about 12% while I was still in school. I took a semester off, when I went back to school it was over a month into the semester by the time they actually put my loan back into deferment.

This company should be avoided if possible. Because of AES I will be in debt for the rest of my life. I can not even buy a house right now because of their "flexible" payments. It is sad that I have no other debt to my name, I have a full time job that pays somewhat decent, and I have no money to enjoy life in anyway. Students beware.

louisville, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2009 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AES-Student-Loans/Harrisburg-Pennsylvania-17130/AES-Student-Loans-American-Education-Services-fraud-high-interest-bad-customer-service-410192. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES Student Loans