Complaint Review: AES

• Submitted: Wed, April 06, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, April 06, 2011

• Reported By: Jennifer — Cleveland Ohio U.S.A.

AES American Educational Services did not honor my payment plan Internet

Much like another commenter here, I ran into problems with AES when my student loans were sold to them by XLS, my prior loan servicer.  I had been on the Income-Based Repayment Plan (IBR) with XLS and had just mailed them my renewal paperwork when the transfer occurred.  I was assured that my paperwork would be forwarded to AES.

So imagine my surprise when my payment amount jumped from $250 to over $750 per month.  I spoke to several customer service reps and emailed AES but was told my paperwork had not been processed, and that my current payment due was $750.  I was not able to afford this, so instead made my regular payment and then received a delinquency notice.

I very fortunately found the US Department of Education's****.>
I recommend that others who are having problems with AES look into this.  It really helped me and saved me from what could have turned into a negative credit report as well as losing credit for all the payments I'd already made under the IBR plan.  Trust me, I will keep a close eye on my student loan information from this point forward.  Had I not been able to have someone intervene on my behalf, I am certain AES would have never answered my requests.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2011 06:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AES/internet/AES-American-Educational-Services-did-not-honor-my-payment-plan-Internet-714447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AES