Complaint Review: AETNA Health Insurance

• Submitted: Tue, February 24, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, October 29, 2012

• Reported By:Tampa Florida
AETNA Health Insurance
aetna.com Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

AETNA Health Insurance Wont pay claims using ERISA Law Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Health Insurance coverage doesn't really exist in US!

I had AETNA insurance through my company I was paying $73.30 a week beginning in Oct 2007. In April 2008 my doctor contacts me to say the insurance company is not paying my bills. I contacted them immediatly . They tell me that they need prior insurance (which I sent.) They said pre existing condition which was not. I would call they said they received my info then the next week they had not. BIG RUNAROUND!

I finally contacted a lawyer in August of 2008 to get this resolved and my doctors paid. My lawyer received no response from them. My lawyer filed in state court to sue them. Aetna in turn filed this claim in federal court under the ERISA Law. A law that protects them. To see what this law is Google "what is ERISA Law" and wait till you read it!

My laywer will not go to federal court because bills are only $3000.00 and winning is rare.What I want to let everyone out there to know is if you have a group insurance plan watch out!!! If the Insurance company does want to pay they don't have to.

My lawyer is going to try to settle but for 50 cents on the dollar which means I am responsible for any balance. What was I paying $73.30 a week for on $10 a hour.
Please read the ERISA Law it will shock you!!!

Betty
Tampa, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2009 02:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AETNA-Health-Insurance/Tampa-Florida/AETNA-Health-Insurance-Wont-pay-claims-using-ERISA-Law-Tampa-Florida-428023. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AETNA Health Insurance

Health Insurance coverage doesn't really exist in US!

AUTHOR: Fred A - (United States of America)

You're not the only victim of these crooks. These criminal Wall Street finance and insurance corporations must be stopped...the only reason they exist is because they the have bought the government and they buy every election to prevent universal healthcare from ever being enacted.

The funny thing is, people like us who are responsible enough to pay large portions of our incomes to get so called "health insurance coverage" are getting absolutely nothing at all other than the opportunity to make these Wall Street multi-billionaire crooks richer with our health insurance premiums!

I just filed my own report here: