Complaint Review: AFFORDABLE APPLIANCES

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: TRUTH BE TOLD! — Inverness Florida
AFFORDABLE APPLIANCES
114 S. Apopka Ave. Inverness, Florida USA

AFFORDABLE APPLIANCES PAID $170 for NON-repaired computers! Owner cannot even return a phone call! Inverness Florida

Within ONE month...

Composing a list of obvious issues to give to the repair tech, I took my desktop tower and my laptop to be repaired at Affordable Appliances (who advertises computer repairs).  Upon (supposed) repair completion, I paid $170 in full.  However, my desktop was still acting odd as various new issues and viruses kept occuring that I did not have before "repair"...even though "Kaspersky" anti-virus was just installed. And my laptop had some of the same serious issues as before "repair"...such as Webroot still appearing and preventing access, which I listed as one of the obvious issues.      Rather than disconnecting my tower again, I only took my laptop back to AA...and spoke with the same repair tech.  He went thru my laptop, and finally declared it to be fixed.  However, when I got home and tried to use it, it was WORSE than before!    Realizing this was going nowhere, I called Hewlitt-Packard, and purchased a service agreement for $65 for an ENTIRE year for BOTH computers.   Then I took my laptop to the same AA repair tech for the 3rd time just to show him that I was telling the truth.  And I told him that in the LEAST of fairness to me, I believe the owner should give me a $65 refund...so that I can have BOTH computers FINALLY reparied by HP.    The AA repair tech started to BLAME ME for HIS incompetence!  He claimed that since I am not familiar with computers, then "I" am the one who caused the issues AFTER "repairs."  He also said that he only gives a 3-day guarantee.     I left 3 messages for the owner over a week's time, but he NEVER returned my calls.  VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!  So that told me the whole experience was a RIPOFF!   I also spoke with his clerk, and she started to BLAME ME for the issues that she knew NOTHING about.     PLEASE NOTE:  I learned that computer repair EXPERTS are far and few between.  The ones like at AA depend on the customer's lack of computer knowledge.  So they only make the computers work faster (to make it seem as if they fixed everything)...and do very little otherwise.  Also, they KNOW issues will arise AFTER 3 days!...hence, the worthless 3-day "guarantee."     Then it's easier to BLAME the customer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 06:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFFORDABLE-APPLIANCES/Inverness-Florida-34452/AFFORDABLE-APPLIANCES-PAID-170-for-NON-repaired-computers-Owner-cannot-even-return-a-ph-1108441. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFFORDABLE APPLIANCES