Complaint Review: AFG Auto Sales

• Reported By: RippedOff — Georgia
AFG Auto Sales
3406 Southside Blvd Jacksonville FL Jacksonville , Florida USA

AFG Auto Sales SCAMMING, LYING, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE Jacksonville Florida

Absolutely DO NOT GO HERE!!! Was looking to buy a decent car through a private dealer. Found one that I really liked listed in Savannah by a PRIVATE party. Took a week to nail down a time and place to meet, about a two hour drive from me. When I got there to meet the guy he stopped all communication. Then called me hours after we were supposed to meet, simply to tell me that car was not in Savannah and was in fact in Jacksonville FL?? Then proceeds to tell me that the car isn't actually his, but a friend he is trying to help out. Gives me the "friend's" phone number who calls and apologizes for the miscommunication. Since I had already made the trip I figured another two hour drive wouldn't be a big deal. I withdraw the money and proceed to make plans to make the trip the next day. They said the car wasn't with the friend but actually an a used car lot??? We arranged to meet where they assured me they would have a clean title and bill of sale ready to make a deal. I asked for a car fax, which they also assured me wouldn't be a problem.. Later that day I received a call from the "friend" who said he was sorry but the car had already been sold. Found out the car was actually being sold by the dealers at AFG auto sales who were trying to make a move on someone on craigslist, later saw the car re-listed after they had said the car was already sold... Go ahead and read the reviews yourself on their website, none of which are positive. These people are criminals trying to sell people faulty cars!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFG-Auto-Sales/Jacksonville-Florida-32216/AFG-Auto-Sales-SCAMMING-LYING-HORRIBLE-HORRIBLE-HORRIBLE-Jacksonville-Florida-1082705. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFG Auto Sales