Complaint Review: AFLAC Insurance

AFLAC Insurance
5 W. Main St. Elmsford, New York United States of America

AFLAC Insurance False job advertising Elmsford, New York

*UPDATE Employee: AFLC Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting representative at Aflac Insurance in response to my resume posted on a job site (not clear if it was found on monster or careerbuilder). I spoke to a representative Rosie who was very professional and energetic. I was told there was an opening for a benefits consultant and my resume fit the job description. None of this turned out ot be true. I received a confirmation email with no job description details which I found unusual but pursued the interview anyway. Upon arrival, I discovered I was part of a group interview with five other individuals in a conference room. The office building itself was run down with bare-bones office furniture and a broken window on the first floor (the broken window was not in Aflac's office, just the building they are located in). I received an information packet on Aflac and was never asked one direct question. Each individual was asked their current job title and the "interviewer" proceeded to deliver a 30minute speech about Aflac and its insurance policies. I felt as though I were in a well-developed sales pitch. At this point I figured there was no job and it was a scam. In the last 15min, she began to discuss a job. It was 100% commission based on selling Aflac to local businesses and individuals. She stated how much money you could earn with what seemed to be drastically unrealistic figures. She informed us that New York State requires individuals to be trainined in insurance in order to work for an insurance company. This training was $99 online or $300 in-person expensed to you. The company did not pay. In addition, their policies seemed like a rip-off. If I were a consumer, I would not buy Aflac. Her presentation was polished but the product was not. This job was fasley advertised and the interview was mislead to be an individual interview. The entire time I was not asked one question about my skillset or future career goals. AWFUL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2010 08:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFLAC-Insurance/Elmsford-New-York-/AFLAC-Insurance-False-job-advertising-Elmsford-New-York-632694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFLAC Insurance

AFLC Interview

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I am a new "employee" or agent with AFLAC and I had a one on one interview, in fact two of them before joining the firm.  Most major insurance companies do NOT hold group interviews for agents positions.  AFLAC paid for my class to obtain my license, and my only out of pocket expenses was the FBI background check, testing, and the license itself.  I don't believe that companies are allowed to pay for your testing, but may reimburse you for your license if it's in the contract.