Complaint Review: AFLAC

• Submitted: Thu, June 16, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, June 16, 2011

• Reported By: pregnantandpissed — Prescott Valley Arizona United States of America
AFLAC
Internet, Arizona United States of America

AFLAC AFLAC Short Term Disability Denied Claim Internet, Arizona

I pay a monthly premium for AFLAC Short Term Disability. I have had this policy for a year and a half. I emailed my local Rep in February and told her that I was expecting and due in July. She replied with "as soon as the doctor writes you a note to stay home from work due to your "disability" you will fill out the forms and send in." I was pulled from work last week by my DR because of PIH, Swelling, and Pre Eclampsia. My DR filled out EVERYTHING with detailed reason as to why I am on Modified bedrest. My AFLAC rep. told me to drop it all off. She looked it all over and said it looked good and that it would take a week for the Claim to be processed and then  I would get a check for the full amount of claim before the baby is born. (within 3 weeks).I log on to ALFAC and see that my Claim was denied. My local Rep told me to call the 800 # and speak to a Rep. I called and the Rep on the phone said that because I am not yet hospitalized they won't cover it. No where in the policy does it say that you have to be hospitalized! I have been back and fourth with my local Rep trying to get answers and I am getting no where. Come to find out, this seems to be a common problem for people who are paying into these policies!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 03:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFLAC/Internet-Arizona-/AFLAC-AFLAC-Short-Term-Disability-Denied-Claim-Internet-Arizona-741695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFLAC