rank

• Updated: Sat, July 09, 2011

• Reported By: Mike — Palm Harbor Florida United States of America
AFNI-ANDERSON FINANCIAL/BLOOM
404 BROCK DRIVE BLOOMINGTON, Illinois United States of America

AFNI-ANDERSON FINANCIAL/BLOOM Added collection to credit report that was not mine BLOOMINGTON , Illinois

When applying for a car loan I was denied due to a collection on my account. When checking on it I found that this AFNI company attached a collection for a debt to my account that was not mine, based on what I do not know. They simply decided that my name was close enough or address close enough to slam it on my report. Of course it was removed when I disputed it because they could not prove it, but how can this be allowed in this modern day. Why can this be done without a SSN match? It is absolutely crazy and I am not the only one that this has happened to.

I would bet the reporting agency does not care either since it generates fees for monitoring and other services to protect us.

It would be nice if there was a fine assessed to companies like this everytime they got caught. A simple solution would be to lock anyone out of filing a ding or update to your report if they do not have the correct SSN number. How hard would this be.

Lucky for my the dealer finance company overlooked it unlike the bank and the loan went through. I just am sick of this practice and unless there is regulation it will never end.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2011 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-ANDERSON-FINANCIALBLOOM/BLOOMINGTON-Illinois-61702/AFNI-ANDERSON-FINANCIALBLOOM-Added-collection-to-credit-report-that-was-not-mine-BLOOMIN-750956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI-ANDERSON FINANCIAL/BLOOM