Complaint Review: AFNI-ANDERSON FINANCIAL/BLOOM

404 BROCK DRIVE BLOOMINGTON, Illinois United States of America

AFNI-ANDERSON FINANCIAL/BLOOM FRAUD BLOOMINGTON, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Scumbag Debt Collector

*Consumer Comment: This seem like the M.O. How Afni Seems To Operate

*Consumer Comment: Let me clarify, and expand on John - Louisville's advice.

*Consumer Comment: re

I am tring to buy a house and found out i was turned down by a collection of $864.00.  I disputed this collection with Equifax and they came back to say they proved it was my collection, but couldnt tell me what it was for.  I did my research online and found a phone number, i called and talked to Lacy.  Lacy was very rude to me, from the start.  She said this was a t-mobile acct from 2003 that i had for 3 yrears. I dont use t-mobile i use Verizon and tried to expain to her this is not mine and there has been some fraud activity on my credit for 2 years.  She asked me why i havent filed a police report and she has proof that that is my acct but she cant show me the proof.  This makes no sense, T-mobile has no record of me.  How can this company add false info to my credit report and get away with it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/09/2011 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-ANDERSON-FINANCIALBLOOM/BLOOMINGTON-Illinois-61702/AFNI-ANDERSON-FINANCIALBLOOM-FRAUD-BLOOMINGTON-Illinois-727275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI-ANDERSON FINANCIAL/BLOOM

Scumbag Debt Collector

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

One of the WORST!! Follow all advise given and hit them where it hurts - their bottom line.

This seem like the M.O. How Afni Seems To Operate

AUTHOR: gyreenedoc - (USA)

These cast offs from among decent businesses seems to be doing this for a long time.  Either
they have friends in high places or they fly low enough to be too visible to carry on this long.
When I got the wind of what they have done, namely paper the three credit reporting agencies
with bogus claim i owe ATT 80 bucks,  which i do not-- that was the amount of refund check
ATT sent me.....  Their crappy lies are still there and that is what i am fighting.  To date,
I have filed a complaint with State Attorney's Office Illinois (that is where the cesspool called
Afni is) State Attorney's Office California (that is where I live) Federal Trade Commission (who
sets rules how these outhouses operate ) and BBB (i have a suspicion who knows who butters
their bread--the businesses who are their members.... perhaps some "kid glove" treatment
takes place?)  If you have not done these,  do.  When complaints come in,  Afni will have to
reply, and do as they did in my case, come up with crap you could not get a five-year-old child
to buy.  When they did that, I wrote back to those institutions to point out their drivel and
ask them to pursue the matter.  I am an old man.  i had an excellent credit score these flakes
set out to destroy, simply because i had the nerve to tell them they are making a mistake. and
gave them the amount, the date the,  issuer of the refund check to confirm (ATT) which they
never acknowledge in their replies  (-- not to me...... I have never received a shred of anything from Afni other than their "collections" notice, which I have replied.   I get copies of their replies  from the offices I've mentioned above.)  I write and  urge those institutions to look into and ask them I, in my complaint was stating that -- was that true?
PLEASE don't take this kind of abuse  when you are right..... fight these flakes. They
hope we will be intimidated and simply slink away.  One of the things we got is show them
they are wrong to assume that.  We are here to fight their lies.  GOOD LUCK my friend.

Let me clarify, and expand on John - Louisville's advice.

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

First of all, Equifax is the hardest credit bureau to deal with of the big three.

Second, when sending a disspute, you need to do it in a way that makes them accountable, and in a manner that will stand up in court.

You need to send your dispute in writing and via certified mail, return reciept requested. When doing this, you need to put the certified# in the body of the letter itself and keep a copy for your records. This proves exactly what you sent.

Also keep in mind that the Attorney General does not have the jurisdiction to represent individual consumers in debt collection and credit reporting matters. Nor does the FTC. Your complaint to the FTC will only generate a generic form letter that explains your rights, and informs you that you must bring suit.

The ONLY way to enforce the FDCPA, or the FCRA is in civil court.

You must bring action at your own expense.

Nobody will do it for you.

This is exactly why collectors pull this crap on the consumer.

Under the FDCPA, you have the right to know what that "verification" was that T-Mobile allegedly sent Equifax..

Stay off the phone!!

Phone calls do not protect your rights under the law!

There is no eveidence of what was said during a phone call.

Everything must be sent in writing, by the means above.

By the means above, simply state that the debt is not yours, AND.....

DEMAND that they validate the debt.

DEMAND to see a copy of the original signed contract, AND a full itemization of all charges, AND a full account history from start to finish. They would need all of this in court to prevail in a suit against you.

By the means above, send Equifax a dispute letter.

Be short, and concise.

Not my account.

Send me any "validation" you get from T-Mobile.

Remove inaccurate item immediately, or get sued.

You need to play hardball.

And you need to document it.

STAY OFF THE PHONE!!!!

re

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

If you are sure that it's not yours, and the collection agency refuses to remove it, send the collection agency a letter via certified mail stating:
Be advised that you are in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act for reporting inaccurate info. This is not my debt. If you do not remove this notation from my credit files within 30 days, I will file formal complaints with the Illinois Attorney General and the FTC.
-----------
If they don't respond within 30 days, file complaints with the Illinois AG and the FTC and send copies of this via certified mail to them.
========================
- If this fails too, your only recourse is to sue them for Fair Credit Reporting Act violations.