Complaint Review: AFNI-BLOOM

• Submitted: Wed, April 11, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, August 23, 2008

• Reported By:Caro Michigan
AFNI-BLOOM
404 Brock Dr. Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI-BLOOM They say I owe Charter Communications but neither can cough up an actual bill Bloomington Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Don't Pay any bills to Afni if they are over 7 years old

*Consumer Suggestion: afni

I received a bill saying I owe Charter Communications $74. Knowing I did not owe money, I first called Charter. Charter told me they had nothing in their computer saying I had owed them money. Inturn I write a letter to AFNI, they're response was, we have received your letter. Please send us $74. I did not respond to their last letter. Though they have not sent me anything thing in the mail since, they call 3 times a day. This is ruining my credit. It is one thing stopping me from getting a mortgage. I could suck it up and pay, but I do not owe them.

Monica
Caro, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2007 09:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-BLOOM/Bloomington-Illinois-61701/AFNI-BLOOM-They-say-I-owe-Charter-Communications-but-neither-can-cough-up-an-actual-bill-B-243586. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI-BLOOM

Don't Pay any bills to Afni if they are over 7 years old

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Monica -

I would say that you should not pay the bill, but if it's on your credit report, try this...

Call Afni and ask to speak with a program coach. The rep will badger you and try to keep you from getting to their supervisor, but insist on it. Don't give the rep your Afni account number either - wait until you get a coach (supervisor).

When you get the supervisor, threaten to file a complaint with the Attorney General of Michigan, the Attorney General of Illinois, the Better Business Bureau & the Federal Trade Comission. Also threaten legal action. Tell the supervisor that you 'have an appointment with an attorney this afternoon to discuss filing a law suit against Afni'.

Afni is sued hundreds of times every day in various jurisdictions. As a result, Afni's Compliance Manager, Lisa Anderson, has determined that it is cheaper for Afni to close the account and remove it from your credit report than to meet you in court. If the coach gives you a fight, tell him or her that you want to de transferred to Lisa Anderson, Compliance Manager.

Good luck

#2 Consumer Suggestion

afni

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

I had the same issue, it is simple to take care of. If AFNI has an account they claim you owe on, then they have to prove it. If they are reporting it to the credit companies thats even better, you send a registered letter to AFNI in place of the payment asking them to verify that you owe the charges. If they can not verify the charges they have to drop them and remove them from your credit report. You can do this through transunion online, they have everything on your credit report on there already and you can dispute anything and transunion will send out the paper work for you. Good luck, mine was cleared up inside a week.