Complaint Review: AFNI BLOOM

• Submitted: Fri, May 11, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2007

• Reported By:centreville Virginia
404 Brock Drive Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI BLOOM just reported an 11 year old debt (I paid 11 years ago) to my credit report! ripoff Bloomington, Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Verizon

In 1996 I moved to the house in which I currenlty live. I owed Verizon $229 for a phone bill at my previous residence. I paid the $229 directly to Verizon, after they placed it with a credit collection.

I am now trying to buy a house and noticed AFNI BLOOM as a collection account on my current 2007 credit report for $229. I could not figure out what this was about. Today, I received a letter from AFNI BLOOM that read they were collecting a $229 debt placed with them by Verizon for which they had no origination date and no other explanation or information!

Verizon says I have no debt with them at all and that they have not placed any request with AFNI BLOOM!!

I think this is the same debt from 11 years ago, which has just this month been reported to the credit bureau. I have no debt; no credit card debt; no more student loan debt; no more car loan debt. I don't even have any mortgage debt. But I have this AFNI BLOOM collection reported 11 years after I paid Verizon!

centreville, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2007 08:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-BLOOM/Bloomington-Illinois-61701/AFNI-BLOOM-just-reported-an-11-year-old-debt-I-paid-11-years-ago-to-my-credit-report-ri-248328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI BLOOM

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Verizon

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

Here is what you do. Contact the collection agency first and request they provide you proof of the debt in question (see what they give you over the phone). DO NOT ADMIT LIABILITY TO THE DEBT or STATE YOU WILL PAY IT! This is how their game works. You agree to pay it and then they start the clock over again to collect on you. There is a statute of limitations on collection of debts.. Even though you do not owe it, collection agencies will do this.

Here is what I think happened. Your account was referred out to a collection group. You paid Verizon. Verizon was supposed to tell the collection group you paid. (they report this information electronically on tapes or on spreadsheets). Apparently, this did not happen.. Thus, your "supposed delinquent" account was sold to a second collection firm.

Now, I would not contact the 1-800 VERIZON number.

Go this route. Contact Verizon's corporate headquarters to resolve this matter. If I were you, I would e-mail your complaint. OR call them.
Verizon Communications Inc.

Chief Financial Officer and Exec. VP

Mr. William P. Barr , 56
Exec. VP and Gen. Counsel

Mr. Wayne E. Huyard , 47

Now if you e-mail them, here is what to do.

try all different variations of e-mail to make it go through.

I.E. Wayne_e_Huyard@verizon.com, Wayne.e.huyard@verizon.com, wayne_huyard@verizon.com, wayne.huyard@verizon.com..

If that does not work, go to verizon's website, go to their investor relations section, read up on one of their press releases. You will always find an investor relations contact with their direct line number.

Call them up and explain what is going on. They can get you over to someone who can help.

Demand that Verizon get this matter resolved for you. AND ask them to remove the item completely from your credit.