Complaint Review: AFNI, INC.

• Submitted: Sat, September 15, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2007

• Reported By:VIRGINIA BEACH Virginia
AFNI, INC.
P.O. BOX 3427 BLOOMINGTON,, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI, INC. FAKE COLLECTIONS BLOOMINGTON, Illinois

I received a collection notice at my work office on September 13, 2007. On the statement it was reported that AFNI had "aquired" my account from Verizon Virginia Inc. It also listed past telephone numbers I have had.

When I questioned a collector named "Sue" about this she stated that I live in a state that only requires the utility companies to collect fees for standard services, and that does not include add ons such as long distance phone service. I explained that I had paid all of my utility bills and that I never received any notice from Verizon letting me know that I owed them any money. It had been almost 5 years since I have had service from Verizon (and never from Verizon Virginia Inc.)

I also requested that since AFNI had "aquired" my account from Verizon Virginia Inc. they should be able to send me a copy of the records showing I have in fact neglected to pay for any service. At that point "Sue" became very irrate and said we can settle this over the phone. I told her I was not going to settle anything over the phone and in fact would not be sending them any money until they gave me proof. Then she tried to use scare tactics on me with threats of reporting this to the credit bureaus. I told her that I owe nothing to AFNI, INC. and I didnt feel I owed anything to Verizon Virginia Inc either. It is my intention to send this report to the Illinois Atty. Generals office for fraud.

Bob
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2007 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-INC/BLOOMINGTON-Illinois-61702-3427/AFNI-INC-FAKE-COLLECTIONS-BLOOMINGTON-Illinois-274666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI, INC.