Complaint Review: AFNI, INC.

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2007

• Reported By:Franklin Tennessee
AFNI, INC.
PO BOX 3097 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI, Inc Not my first time dealing with AFNI Bloomington Illinois

This is not the first time I have dealt with AFNI. The first time I had to deal with them was because I was deployed to Iraq in Sept 05. I had CANCELLED my sprint account and was told my balance was zero. I checked up on it about 3 months later and found out that it was past due $635. After I returned home and numerous emails and calls to sprint the debt was completely wiped out. The only problem was that there was $135 of that debt that was not in their hands. I had to contact AFNI to get them to release the debt. They only did it after sprint had directly called them and told them too. However til this day it still remains on my credit report but it says that it was paid.

On to the second time. I checked my credit report three days ago and found a new listing. It was in the name of GTE Southwest. I was concerned because I have never had GTE service. The account was closed in Nov 04 and I was told that the account was from a city in which my mother had resided. Apparently my mother had opened a GTE account with my name. Now the account is currently in collections with AFNI. Is there anything I can do other then pay the account?

Josh
Franklin, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2007 07:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-INC/Bloomington-Illinois/AFNI-Inc-Not-my-first-time-dealing-with-AFNI-Bloomington-Illinois-286062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI, INC.