Complaint Review: AFNI, INC

• Reported By:Hampton Virginia
AFNI, INC
Afinicollections.com Nationwide U.S.A.

AFNI, INC fraudulent billing Nationwide

I recently checked my credit report due to being refused/ turned down on an auto loan and found AFNI, INC. listed as a collection department seeking funds on a seriously past due dept. When I tried to call the phone number listed on their web site to inquire about the dept during the operating hours listed on the same web site, I got a "Please Hold" recording that ran for over an hour playing music and every so often a recording saying " your call is very important to us, please stand by" but all the while, no person picked up on the line. I just wanted to know how I aquired the dept and why I was never notified about it prior to my checking my credit report this time. I had check my credit report 6 months before when I re-fied my home and it was not their, but now it's here to my suprise. After doing a little research on the company, I found that the company is not all that it claims to be. I have filed a dispute with the credit bureau over the account and I hope that will bring this all to a head, though what I have found out about this company troubles me. I have been a victim of ID Theft in the past and I thought this may have been a result of that. What else can I do?

Charles
Hampton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2007 04:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-INC/nationwide/AFNI-INC-fraudulent-billing-Nationwide-245398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI, INC