Complaint Review: AFNI, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 23, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: Susan — Michigan
AFNI, Inc.
1310 Martin Luther King Drive PO BOX 3068 bloomington, Illinois USA

AFNI, Inc. AFNI Subrogation, Hanover Insurance Group Auto Insurance Claim SCAM Bloomington Illinois

Received 2 voicemails in the past week from someone who initially states they are "Anthony" from Hanover Insurance Group stating he needs to speak with me regarding a claim, then states his name is Curtis "Ealey".  In both voicemails he first states one file number, then when when repeats it with the telephone number to call he states a different file number. None of the file numbers are the same.  Phone number he leaves is 866-889-1617 which is the number on the caller ID.

Yesterday I received a letter from AFNI, Inc. stating they were contacting me on behalf of Hanover Insurance Group regarding a claim from a car accident in January of this year.  They state they "believe we are entitled to recover some or all of this money" with an amount of $1,953.43 and provide payment info and a file number that matches only one which was mentioned in the two voicemails. [continued below]....

.....

The letter further states that if I had auto insurance at the time of this "accident" to provide them with the insurance information.  I contacted my insurance company and they told me this was 100% a scam and if any claims had been made against my insurance they would be the ones to work on my behalf, etc., as that is what I am paying them for.  I will be reporting this company and their SCAM to both the BBB and the Michigan State Attorney's office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2014 04:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI-Inc/bloomington-Illinois-61702/AFNI-Inc-AFNI-Subrogation-Hanover-Insurance-Group-Auto-Insurance-Claim-SCAM-Bloomingt-1140982. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI, Inc.