Complaint Review: AFNI

• Reported By: Ellen — Merrillville Indiana United States of America
AFNI
PO Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

AFNI Collections agency or scam artists? Bloomington, Illinois

I received a collection notice from AFNI a year or so ago regarding a Verizon account (DSL).  The amount owed was supposedly from some years previous to that, 2006 I believe.  I never had a service interruption due to nonpayment, and I had the same service until I was sold to Frontier.    AFNI told me that Verizon would have deleted any relevant information once they sold the debt, and that Verizon could do nothing to help me.  I still attempted to fight and dispute the collection notice.  However, since Verizon had no records of the matter, I had no way to "prove" that I didn't owe the money.

After more than a year of trying to dispute the debt, AFNI offered me a settlement amount.  I just wanted to be done with the whole thing so I paid it.  Payment was a mistake! Now I have a brand new collections notice from AFNI for another supposed Verizon debt.  Since I was sold to Frontier over a year ago, it must be another "old debt."  I should never have given this company my information, as I now believe I will be in for endless collection notices from a fraudulent company for bogus debts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2011 11:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI/Bloomington-Illinois-61702-3427/AFNI-Collections-agency-or-scam-artists-Bloomington-Illinois-717969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI