Complaint Review: AFNI

• Submitted: Tue, October 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, October 18, 2008

• Reported By:Williston South Carolina
AFNI
PO Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI Sent collections notices for old phone bill from five years ago stating I owed this bill from BellSouth , now ATT. The letter stated the company would reduce the bill to half due if only I would send in the payment by check or credit card information Bloomington Illinois

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I received several calls then collection notices from this comapny called AFNI stating I owed a old Bellsouth bill, now ATT. Well, I use to work for Bellsouth and I know I did not move leaving a unpaid bill to the company. This was years later after I had not been at the old address for over five.

The bill was only for 56.00 so why would I have not paid this bill.

The notices I received a few days ago stated they would reduce the amount to half so I started to send them my credit information, thinking I rather pay then get report to a colections agency. I stopped what I was doing and went to the AFNI website. I saw many complaints about this company being a rip-off from others who had reported the same information concenring phone bills.

I am glad I did not send AFNI my card information.

Rochelle
Williston, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2008 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI/Bloomington-Illinois-61702-3427/AFNI-Sent-collections-notices-for-old-phone-bill-from-five-years-ago-stating-I-owed-this-381130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

You might want to check your credit reports....AFNI specializes in placing negative info on people's credit files....

annualcreditreport.com is the official government site to check your credit report for free, once a year...