Complaint Review: AFNI

• Submitted: Mon, August 04, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, August 04, 2008

• Reported By:ocean springs Mississippi
AFNI
P.O. Box 3472 In Bloomington, Il. 61702 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 866-684 3221
  • Web:
  • Category: Gangs

AFNI COLLECTION NOTICE Bloomington Illinois

I received a collection notice from afni -P.O. Box 3472 in Bloomington, Il. 61702 -stating that I owed them $144.34 on the behalf of QWEST. I called the (866) 684 3221 contact # on the letter and after waiting on hold, a young man who talked like he was a "Home Boy" answered " hello". I asked him about the collection notice and he put me on hold again. He then came on line and asked if I had just been to the afni web site to mange my account? I told him that I had tried but that the site would not let me in with the required acct.# and last four of my ss#. He then confirmed the last four of my ss# and told me that the QWEST acct had been closed. I told him that I did not have an account with QWEST so what was he talking about. He said "let me make this clear, throw the collection notice away and forget about it." I asked him if this bill was on my credit report -he said no. I hung up.

It made me feel weird that he knew that I was just on the www.AfniCollections.com site for the first time -and that he knew the last four of my ss# even though I did not successfully log in to the site.

Jeannette
ocean springs, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2008 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/AFNI-COLLECTION-NOTICE-Bloomington-Illinois-359142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI