Complaint Review: AGI RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT - RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Lower Lake California
AGI RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT - RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES
7771 W. OAKLAND PARK BLVD SUNRISE,, Florida U.S.A.

AGI RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT - RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES rude collection calls on non-existing Wal-Mart Acct SUNRISE Florida

I received three phone calls from AGI claiming they were collecting a debt owed on a Wal-Mart Account. They were rude, aggressive and unresponsive to my denial that I have ever had an account at any Wal-Mart.

They claimed they had all my information. Social, birthdate, etc. I refused to confirm their information and hung up on them.

I called Wal-Mart and as I suspected, they do not have store cards or accounts. They told me to call the number on my Caller ID and demand account information, number, date and ask just who they were. I was given the number of Wal-Mart's home office and told to call them for more information once I had the account number.

I did as they told me and was informed they were representing Resurgent Capital Services and this was a charge on a "store card" dated in 1999. When I informed them that I had talked to Wal-Mart and they don't have store cards or private accounts, they gave me four numbers that supposedly were the "last four numbers of my social". I would not give them any information other than they were not my numbers and that I was going to turn them into the police. At this point they apologized and said they wouldn't bother me again.

I was as aggressive as they were so they didn't get very far with me but I am sure they must have a measure of success or they wouldn't be in business..yes?

Susy
Lower Lake, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AGI-RECEIVABLES-MANAGEMENT-RESURGENT-CAPITAL-SERVICES/SUNRISE-Florida-33351/AGI-RECEIVABLES-MANAGEMENT-RESURGENT-CAPITAL-SERVICES-rude-collection-calls-on-non-exist-342497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AGI RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT - RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES