Complaint Review: AGM International

• Updated: Wed, July 02, 2003

• Reported By:atlanta Georgia
AGM International
Wilmington, Delaware U.S.A.

AGM International RIP OFF SCAM FRAUD consumer fraud PAID $2400 to this SCAM OF A COMPANY AND I'M PISSED OFF. Wilmington DELAWARE

*Consumer Comment: Rip-off company - DUH!!!

I PAID $2400 to this SCAM OF A COMPANY AND I'M PISSED OFF. I contacted THE COMPANY INCLUDING THE TESTIMONIALS AND RECEIVED responses UP UNTIL THE TIME I PAID MONEY, THEN I GOT NO RESPONSE FOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT OR RESPONSES FROM THE additional E-MAILs I have sent.

I CALLED THE 888 NUMBER AND GOT A RECORDING AND NO ONE EVER CALLED. THIS IS A CRIME SHAME I WANT AN IMMEDIATE REFUND BUT CANNOT LOCATE THIS COMPANY THROUGH RESEARCH EITHER.

I will try to CONTACT SOME OF THE web hosting COMPANIES THAT I FIND THEM LISTED ON IN ORDER TO SHUT THEM DOWN IMMEDIATELY.

FOR ANYONE WHO FALLS FOR THIS JUST AS I DID, WE NEED TO BAND TOGETHER AND SHARE OUR RESOURCES TO GET THIS DONE.

Jan
atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2003 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AGM-International/Wilmington-Delaware/AGM-International-RIP-OFF-SCAM-FRAUD-consumer-fraud-PAID-2400-to-this-SCAM-OF-A-COMPANY-A-62473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AGM International

Rip-off company - DUH!!!

AUTHOR: Cindy - (U.S.A.)

I've looked into many work-at-home businesses and I'm still interested in my own home based business. However, before I even THINK about investing thousands of dollars, as this AGM International company wants, I do my own investigating BEFORE I wire money into some account in Israel.

There are 2 things to do before you send any company any cash. First, go to the Better Business Bureau website at www.bbb.org. You can search the company and see if they are a member of the BBB, if there are any complaints filed against said company, any resolutions, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Second, I go to this website (Rip-Off Reports) to see if there are any complaints and/or rebuttals here. If you people had done that to begin with, you wouldn't be out so much money. Or at least you may have given it a second thought.

There are a couple of things to look out for when you are considering this company as a web based business for yourself. First, they don't accept credit cards or checks for payment of their business packages. They ONLY accept a wire transfer to their bank in Israel? Are you stupid enough to fall for that? I would be very leary of ANY company that has a start up fee and insists on a wire transfer directly to their bank.

Second, they seem to emphasize the fact that you could open an off-shore bank account, have all of your commissions and income wire transferred directly to the off-shore account (which, by they way, they would have access to in order to wire transfer your money) and then you wouldn't have to pay taxes on your income. Not, that is, until you have the money transferred to your bank account here in the US. It all sounds too good to be true.

If it sounds that way, then it probably is. According to the BBB their business address is 25 Greystone Manor, Lewes, DE 19958 and phone # is 626-798-8001. They claim to be in Burlington County, DE, but there's no such county in DE. They claim to have two additional addresses in DE: 100 W. 10th Street, Suite 202, Wilmington, DE 19801 and 300 Kiaminsi Road, Wilmington, DE 19804. Both addresses had mail returned by the BBB marked "no such street address". They've got another customer service # of 406-238-2584 which is a Montana phone number. One last phone # listed is 718-659-2254.

Anyway, with all the scams that go on in the world today, I can't believe that you people are dumb enough to fall for it. How do you know a company is legit until you check them out fully? And even if you have only a little suspect that they will rip you off, DON'T PAY THE MONEY!!! Finally, in additional to filing complaints here, be sure to file complaints with the BBB. You can do that online!