Complaint Review: AHAVA Afghan Hounds

AHAVA Afghan Hounds
7509 Charlestown Pike, Internet United States of America

AHAVA Afghan Hounds Cherie Bruckman Beware of Puppys for Sale, Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The real story

Here is the timeline of what happened to me when trying to buy my first puppy. I contacted the seller and asked for pictures. Talked on the phone. She seemed nice. Said puppy is Show quality for $800 and flight would be around $345.

I fell in love with puppy and told her I wanted him. She sent me unsigned contract stating he was pet quality (over phone said show quality). RED FLAG She then told me if I want him for show I have to pay $1000 RED FLAG ...why did I continue after this???  I told her I wanted the show quality puppy for $800 as she originally stated. Later she agreed.  I sent her $1200 by wire and signed contract.

She said she took puppy to airport, but because she bought the wrong size crate they wouldn't ship. She told me she we would have to use the largest kennel #700 and it cost $185.  I called the airline to make reservations and they said it would cost over $800 for the ticket. I called and told her I couldn't pay that much for the airline flight...she said no problem she would refund my money. She also said he would probably fit in a #500 kennel but she couldn't find one.

That night I called all airlines and found a flight  for about $600 and they had all sized crates for $100! I sent her an email stating I might re consider and get him...she never replied. I called. No reply. I emailed. No reply. I made the airline reservations and since I couldn't reach her I called her husband the next morning. He said they couldn't take the dog to the airport. I asked him to have her call me. She didn't. I sent more emails. No response.

Now I'm getting real nervous. They have my money. They have the puppy. They will not answer phone at work or at home. ..will not respond to emails. RED FLAG

I finally called the woman who she used as a reference. Anne was nice, and succeeded in getting Cherie to write to me. Cherie stated we can give this another try...then a half hour later  wrote and said someone inquired about the puppy and she wants to see what happens. Of course I'm upset...I  have already paid!  BEYOND RED FLAG

She sold the puppy to the other people. I was angry and asked her to wire my money right away. She told me she wired the money.  LIE. She did not wire anything.

A week later still no money.  Every day she says to wait one more day...I finally called Anne (The referral) again asking  for help. Anne succeeded in getting Cherie to respond to me. Cherie stated she would mail my money.  She sent a check for $800 with no note and apparently no conscience. This woman stole $400 of my money. Beware of Ahava Afghans.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2012 09:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHAVA-Afghan-Hounds/internet/AHAVA-Afghan-Hounds-Cherie-Bruckman-Beware-of-Puppys-for-Sale-Internet-954698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHAVA Afghan Hounds

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The real story

AUTHOR: Ahava - (United States of America)

This story is wrong on so many accounts were do I begin.  First buyer signed a contract stating that there was $300 non-refundable deposit for us to hold the dog for her.  Due to no fault of ours the airline company (Delta) would not ship the dog in the smaller create due to their shipping requirements of dog not touching any part of create when standing up (Dog was an Afghan Hound boy nearly 6 months old standing 23 inches and weighing nearly 55lbs).

Then the next day went back to airport with bigger create just to find out airport did not have a plane big enough to ship out that size create and that the price for that size would be over $800.  Spent over 2 hours at airport trying to figure out where and when we could ship dog to buyer.  Arranged for fight to leave from airport over 2 hours away that could handle this size create and was willing on my dime to take dog to new airport and ship the dog to buyer  but that is when buyer said she would be unable to pay the price to ship dog and did not want dog anymore.

We agreed with her and even tried to give her contacts of breeders closer to her so she could arrange cheaper transportation cost.  The money we owed here was sent back by wire but her bank would not accept the transfer so we had to end up  mailing the money to her.  She received all her money back except for the agreed upon deposit of $300.  Then 4 days later she informed us she had changed her mind and would figure out way to pay for transportation but by then a new buyer had already paid and arranged transportation for dog.