Complaint Review: AHCO - Maternity Card

• Submitted: Wed, November 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 05, 2008

• Reported By:St. Peters Missouri
AHCO - Maternity Card
P.O. Box 163717 Austin, Texas U.S.A.

AHCO - Maternity Card takes your money but does NOT provide any service Austin Texas

*Consumer Comment: ANOTHER SOCIAL SERVICES RIP-OFF SCAM IN AUSTIN,TEXAS -- IMAGINE THAT!

When we found out I was pregnant and our health insurance did not provide maternity coverage of any kind, we contacted AHCO/Maternity Card and were told that they could DRASTICALLY reduce the charges related to pregnancy and delivery for just $199 up front and $99 per month for 12 months. We signed up and began paying the charges immediately.

First of all, my OBGYN refused to even deal with this company and was forced to pay $3000 before my delivery to keep her as my physician. Then, I began bleeding early in the pregnancy and had to be seen in the Women's Evaluation Unit at our local hospital. Of course that incurred thousands of dollars. There are also all of the lab charges, too. I sent copies of these bills to AHCO at least three times, to no avail.

When I called, I never could seem to get a LIVE person to answer. We ended up cancelling our contract because our bills were piling up and AHCO wasn't providing ANY help at all. In the end, I think they saved us around $200 - but we paid them hundreds more than that. Needless to say, I am now paying THOUSANDS of dollars in medical bills and the money I paid to AHCO could have been used to pay these bills instead!!

I contacted them to see about getting my money refunded, but they never responded. There goes hundreds of dollars down the drain that I could have used to pay all of these medical bills!

DO NOT use AHCO. They offer services that they never intend to provide!

Clapperkidsmom
St. Peters, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2008 12:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHCO-Maternity-Card/Austin-Texas-78716/AHCO-Maternity-Card-takes-your-money-but-does-NOT-provide-any-service-Austin-Texas-388092. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHCO - Maternity Card

ANOTHER SOCIAL SERVICES RIP-OFF SCAM IN AUSTIN,TEXAS -- IMAGINE THAT!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

As a longtime resident of Austin,Texas, I have generally found that these so-called SOCIAL SERVICES that are ALLEGEDLY publicized to help somebody pull themselves up out of poverty and give them a helping hand and are alleged to give poor people a means to access the proper systems to do this, DO NOT DO THIS.

The ONLY persons that these SOCIAL SERVICES SEEM TO BENEFIT --BASED SOLELY ON MY OBSERVATIONS -- ARE THE ORGANIZATIONS AND THE PERSONS WHO INITIALLY SET THEM UP.

Somebody either hired a grant writer or wrote the grant proposal themselves and take the money and I don't know where it goes but they sure make a good showing outwardly and talk a good line about helping people to help themselves but in the longrun, the only people who are ultimately helped are the people at the top who allegedly run these places.

I could name several of these but prefer not to.

I want to warn people who are thinking about making application to these social service places that they would get more help from family and friends and NOT these fake places with the "feelgood" titles and great commercials and THE RED CROSS comes to mind.

Which reminds me, that it was nice to hear on a local AM talk show radio station here that FEMA apologizes for being lax in helping TEXANS through the aftermath of Hurricane Ike. They never helped any of my family when we were hit hard in a neighboring county so hard that President Bush declared a disaster area ---they tried to say that NOBODY lived in our house there and then when we tried to get help from the Central Texas Red Cross, the stupid woman there TRIED TO GET THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT TO CONDEMN OUR HOME SO IT COULD BE TAKEN BY THE COUNTY GOVERNMENT BECAUSE IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY A BLIGHT ( Read the International Building Inspectors Code for definition of a "blight" -- it can be confiscated by the local authorities who do not have to pay you for it!)

THAT is what you can expect from SOCIAL SERVICES in the Austin,Texas area.

And it seems like the Federal Government is working with them.

JUST WHAT ARE MY TAX DOLLARS FUNDING?

I want to HELP people to HELP themselves -- NOT fund a bunch of parasites and limousine liberals who TALK a good game of compassion,caring and then take most of the money for themselves and do NOT bereft the people they are supposed to be helping. THEY are the ULTIMATE BENEFICIARIES of social services in Austin,Texas!

Good luck!

Because if you do not have family and friends or even a church to help you through the hard times ahead, THE SO-CALLED SOCIAL SERVICES AGENCIES SURE AS HELL WON'T DO IT!

trim