Complaint Review: AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 19, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 17, 2009

• Reported By:Miami Florida
AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
ahmsi3.com Irving, Texas U.S.A.

AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. TERRIBLE MORTGAGE SERVICING COMPANY!!!! Irving Texas

*Consumer Comment: i'm with you on it

*Author of original report: **UPDATE - AHMSI - STILL TERRIBLE SERVICING**

I'll make this as short as I can. I was sent a letter in September that my mortgage was sold to American Home Mortgage Servicing, I have had more problems with this company in 5 months then I did with my other mortgage company who had my loan way longer. To be brief the problems I have had are (1) I didn't received my payment coupon from them until the 2nd of the month.

Before I finally received the payment coupon I called them and let them know that I wasn't going to pay when I didn't have a loan number or address, so after I received the payment coupon on the 2nd of the month I mailed the check on the 3rd, I sent it with Delivery confirmation and they received the check on the 5th, however they held my check until the 14th (and I called 4 times between the 5th and 14th and they couldn't tell me anything at all!). Funny that the check posts the day before the late fee!

(2) They said they didn't have my city tax notice so I faxed it in to the fax number they gave me and then about 3 weeks later I call to see when my taxes will be paid and they said they still didn't have my city tax statement and that they needed my county tax statement as well. I wound up having to fax it to them 3 times before they finally received it.

(3) They then paid more than what was owed for my property taxes and then proceeded to re-analyze my escrow account telling me that my payment would go (based off of the incorrect taxes they paid), I called them and let them know the mistake they made, they let me know that I would have to wait for them to be reimbursed the additional money they sent before they would re-analyze my escrow account which would be another 3-4 weeks (or possibly longer). I shouldn't have to pay extra money every month and wait for AHMSI to get reimbursed for a mistake they made! I finally left a voicemail for a manager in the tax department and let her know that I would call the president if she didn't call me back and I finally got a call back and they finally put my money back into my account.

(4) They never pay my PMI on time, they always pay it late, like a month to a month and a half late, but I pay my mortgage on time. I am really tired of this, this is ridiculous. I really hope that someone investigates this company they are untrustworthy!

Annoyed
Miami, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2009 03:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHMSI-American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc/Irving-Texas/AHMSI-American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc-TERRIBLE-MORTGAGE-SERVICING-COMPANY-Irv-426190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.

i'm with you on it

AUTHOR: Grammie47 - (U.S.A.)

i'm with you on this i've filed with the bbb the attorney general's office, texas mortgage dept etc... keep me posted

**UPDATE - AHMSI - STILL TERRIBLE SERVICING**

AUTHOR: Nsn - (U.S.A.)

I just wanted to let everyone know about a website dedicated to getting the word out about Mortgage Servicing Fraud , the website is: http://www.msfraud.org/
I have already contacted them and I am in the process of starting to reach out to Government (State and Federal) and Media outlets to bring light to all of these complaints. I know it's not ideal, but if everyone started emailing and writing letters that would bring more and more attention to the problems we are all having with American Home Mortgage Servicing.