Complaint Review: AHS American Home Shield Warranty Company

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2008

• Reported By:Union City California
AHS American Home Shield Warranty Company
USA Nationwide U.S.A.

AHS American Home Shield Warranty Company American Home Shield Rip Off - pathetic company USA Nationwide

I am a Real estate agent and I have been referring AHS to so many of my clients. My clients used to complain about AHS everytime, but I always gave benefit of doubt to AHS as I thought every company has their share of unhappy complaints. But when it struck me personally, I understood how bad their service was.

1. I had their service for all my rental properties. And everytime I call them for a problem, they deny the service either on grounds of lack of maintanenance or abnormal wear and tear. How do you define abnormal wear and tear and lack of maintenance? The faucet of my bathroom went bad and AHS denied to repair. I asked for second opinion and paid out of my pocket and the second plumber could repair it in 10 minutes. All their contractor vendors are below par.

2. Recently I had a problem with A/C unit. The service technician reported that there was lack of maintenance and therefore has to be replaced and cannot be covered under AHS. I wanted to get a second opinion, but they don't have any preferred vendor other than this guy in that area. So I paid separately to another vendor and he said that A/C unit is perfectly fine except that there is a leak that has to be fixed. AHS does not want to pay for the repairs, all they can do is lift the exclusion on A/C for future repairs.

All in all, pathetic company and service. So avoid it totally. So which Home warranty is a better one then? I don't know, I am still trying with different ones and post my feedback on this website.

Anna
Union City, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHS-American-Home-Shield-Warranty-Company/nationwide/AHS-American-Home-Shield-Warranty-Company-American-Home-Shield-Rip-Off-pathetic-company-317271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHS American Home Shield Warranty Company