Complaint Review: AHS - American Home Shield

• Updated: Thu, May 06, 2010

• Reported By: Ojai Valley — Oak View California United States of America
AHS - American Home Shield
Carroll, Iowa United States of America

AHS - American Home Shield deceptive attempt to snare me into setting up an account Carroll, Iowa

I was home on a Wednesday recovering from a foot surgery. The phone rang and the caller announced that I "need to renew"
my American Shield Home Warranty account. I told him that I wasn't aware that I had such an account. He said "Oh yes, you do, and I
sure hope that you haven't had any expenses for things that were covered, like your water heater, furnace ..." etc. So I told him
that I would prefer to lookup my account online.  he gave the web-site address. To make a long story short, it turns out that
I have no account with them, and they were just trying to scare me into setting one up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHS-American-Home-Shield/Carroll-Iowa-/AHS-American-Home-Shield-deceptive-attempt-to-snare-me-into-setting-up-an-account-Car-600534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHS - American Home Shield