Complaint Review: AIG Blanket Accident Insurance

• Updated: Wed, June 02, 2010

• Reported By: Brenda — Apple Valley California United States of America
AIG Blanket Accident Insurance
70 Pine Street New York, New York United States of America

AIG Blanket Accident Insurance National Union Fire Insurance Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania SOLD THROUGH OCWEN, no DISMEMBERMENT REQ! will not pay on claim! AIG told me they will overnite $$$ never did! i lost my home! ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE? New York, New York

I was solicited via telephone in 2/2008 by my mortgage company, Ocwen Loan Servicing FSB or maybe the call came from AIG themselves, anyway:

I was offered a "Blanket Accident Insurance Policy" for being such a great customer of Ocwen.

The cost $14.95/mo added onto my monthly mortgage obligation.

Description: when sold I was informed that even if i "stub my toe in my own driveway" i am covered.  i did not work, they said no problem. this is for anyone to protect you.  All I needed was a note from my doctor/ER and make all claims timely.

Benefits:  max payout $1,000,000 @ 10K/mo plus home care benefits.

My Accident: 2/25/09 i fell in my home. fractured right shoulder and broke my arm in three places, hairline fractures in right knee and ankle.

Denial:  AIG who holds my policy/underwritten by National Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, PA said no dismemberment occured. so no benefits.  i have read over and over the description of coverage and it is confusing.  But I stood my ground and wrote the ins. com. in my state=usless, then i wrote a letter to reconsider and they wrote back that they don't see it my way.

I have finially found and attorney to represent me and file a class action law suit.

We are looking for people who have suffered the same. email me for info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2010 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIG-Blanket-Accident-Insurance/New-York-New-York-10270/AIG-Blanket-Accident-Insurance-National-Union-Fire-Insurance-Co-of-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvan-609638. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIG Blanket Accident Insurance