Complaint Review: AIG PROMOTIONS - BANK CARD EMPIRE

• Updated: Tue, November 11, 2008

• Reported By:Fishers Indiana
AIG PROMOTIONS - BANK CARD EMPIRE
1928 E. Highland Ave, Box 612 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

AIG PROMOTIONS - BANK CARD EMPIRE For investment of $9995 guaranteed return in six months of $78,750. They do all the work, find leads, advertise, make calls, etc Phoenix Arizona

I was initially contacted by phone suggesting I had indicated a desire to supplement my income. First talked to Rebecca Shumard, the assistant manager, who turned me over to John, a salesman.

John explained the job as generating merchant accounts for the placement of credit card terminals for Bank Card Empire. I would be provided an instructional DVD, the help of the marketing team, a Website for credibility and leads from the company.

For a one-time investment of $150.00, a set-up fee of $19.95 , and $19.95 per month for a year, I would receive $200 for each terminal placed, and a residual income from the sales processed by each terminal. I could cancel my affiliation after one year, which sounded doable and I agreed. I waited several days for my instruction package to arrive.

Instead, my "coach" Victoria called with an entirely different package because I am handicapped and must use a walker. Her presentation was very professional and convincing, and absolutely guaranteed a handsome return on my investment. She convinced my to invest $9995.00 for a monthly income of $13,125.00, worst-case.

For that investment, my 10,000 leads would be contacted by professional salespeople, advertisment, placement and service would be provided for a period of six months, at which time I could reinvest or not - my choice. I was very hesitant, but was high-pressured into an immediate decision without time to consult with my husband.

I had to make a trip to the UPS store to receive a fax from them, which I was to sign and immediately fax back to them. It was authorizations to charge my two credit cards for $4000.00 and $5995.00 respectively. Unfortunately, I did as directed before having an opportunity to check on their credibility. I did mention that I was recovering from surgery, was quite tired and on medication.

My husband was livid when I told him what I had done, so now I am doing what I should have had the presence of mind to do first. I have contacted the credit card companies and will dispute the charges, and have already informed AIG Customer Service that I want to cancel and will dispute the charges. I was told, it was a done deal and no refund was possible. I hope they are wrong.

Charlotte Fishers, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2008 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIG-PROMOTIONS-BANK-CARD-EMPIRE/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/AIG-PROMOTIONS-BANK-CARD-EMPIRE-For-investment-of-9995-guaranteed-return-in-six-months-390140. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIG PROMOTIONS - BANK CARD EMPIRE