Complaint Review: AIG Promotions

• Submitted: Fri, July 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, July 24, 2009

• Reported By:Little Falls New York
AIG Promotions
1928 E. Highland F104 Box 412 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

AIG Promotions, Liars and Scammers Phoenix Arizona

I received a phone call from AIG Promotions and listened to the whole salse presentation about them being a Merchant Services Business and that I would be selling credit card terminals to businesses online and off.

I told Jonathan Marvel that I ddn't make any business decisions, without my husband, who was unavailable at the time.

Well, he talked me into signing up, by saying, "What's the worse that can happen, if he doesn't like what he sees, you can cancel." "Better yet, I'll pay his half, so I'll give you the Platinum Package, which is our top package that gives you $500.00 commission for every terminal you sell, for only $150.00 instead of the normal cost of $495.00.

I bought it!! What an Idiot I feel like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An hour later my husband called and I told him what transpired, he asked if I had checked them out with the BBB and online and I hadn't. I did then!!

About 2 hours after I had ordered, I called AIG Customer Service to cancel and was told that I couldn't get a refund of the $150,(mind you my credit card info wasn't even in the system yet, niether was I) but that I could cancel the hosting fee of $19.95 at any time.

I proceeded to inform them that the law states, A person has 72 hours to cancel any purcase or contract.

They told me yes but not theirs!!!

After getting no satifaction from customer service, I tried to get in touch with Jonathan Marvel, I had to leave a message for him and told the woman I spoke to that I wanted to cancel and get a refund or I was going to report them. She said, I didn't have to threaten them and they would take care of it. Jonathan Marvel called me back asking why the change of heart and I told him the truth. He told me to Google the Girl Scouts of America, I said I didn't pay the Girl Scouts $169 bucks so I really don't give a Rats A-- what complaints come up about them.

What a Marvel he turned out to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He said he would take care of my refund and thanked me for wasting his time. Not even 5 minutes later, I get a call from Michael. Michael was the original person that called me, put me on the 6 min. recording then I got Jonathan. Michael was very nice, I told him he could just rip up the paper work like it never happened. He said that's what he was going to do, for me not to worry, that I didn't have to cancel my credit card. What Liars!!!!!!!!!!!

OH But Do I Ever!!!
2 hours after that, There it was! $150.00 On my online statement.

Please Don't stop here with these people! If they got you too
Report them to the:

Better Business Bureau
Arizona Attorney General / Consumer Protection Division
Attorney General / Consumer Protection Division of your state
Your Bank, and credit card co. ( the more complaints, the more Red Flags)
Other sites like this one. Another one that I like is (((link redacted)))
OOps I hope I was allowed to put that in here. After all, I put this one in over there and it hasn't kicked backed yet.

We can see justice done, if we work together!!!!

Let' Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trinity
Little Falls, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/24/2009 01:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIG-Promotions/Phoenix-Arizona-85016/AIG-Promotions-Liars-and-Scammers-Phoenix-Arizona-472841. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIG Promotions